4. The Slime

I was cooking. That seems to be all Harry and I have been doing recently. It was Saturday, but the house was still quiet, because it was only ten am. Bea, Ivy, Reid and Floyd have already been woken up, because I don't want them to be lazy. Liam took Ivy to the gym with him, because she was the only one willing.

Reid and Bea were in the living room watching some cartoons with Niall, while Floyd slept. Zayn was also sleeping, like most of his children.

"I've gotta go feed Floyd," Harry said, taking off his apron and kissing my cheek. I smiled as he walked out to go feed our youngest and last child.

After ten minutes, I had all the meat, carrots, potatoes, and everything else ready for the roast and I set it up to cook for a while. It would probably take until four or five pm.

When I was taking my apron off, Ainsley walked downstairs, Dax and Jaiden following behind.

"These two were arguing in the bathroom. Thought I'd bring them to you." Ainsley said, grabbing the cereal from the pantry. As she got herself breakfast, I looked at my boys, waiting.

"What Mama?" Jaiden asked innocently.

"Both of you need to stop this fighting, you don't want your little siblings picking up on it. Only fight when your protecting yourself, your friends or your family. Now, go ask Ains to help you make you a bowl of cereal." I scolded, patting my children's heads. The two boys ran over to their sister, who groaned before grabbing more bowls.

"Mama!!" I heard behind me, when I turned, Bea was standing at the doorway of the kitchen, crying her little eyes out.

"Where's dada H or NiNi?" Yes, Niall told his kids to call him NiNi.

"I wan' mama." She cried, reaching out for me.

"You do realize that Dada H birthed you, right?" I asked the four year old. She just stared at me, and I went to pick her up. "Let's go see what's going on.

••••

"Eww what the fuck!" Was the first thing I heard when I woke up from my noon nap. I have Bea, Ivy, and Reid curled up around me, so I had to get out without them waking up, they were horrible when you woke them up from sleep. Huh, they're a lot like Zee.

When I got out to the hallway, I saw Hannah standing there with her hand held out like it was infected. I saw Jaiden and Dax standing there too, uh-oh.

"What's going on?!"

"These two put slime on my hairbrush! Now I've got green slime in my hair, and I have a date tonight!" Hannah whined, shoving her brothers away from her.

"You two, your room now. No ice cream tonight either. Now, you, let's try and get that better." I said, motioning to my daughter's hair.

After a while, I got Hannah's hair looking presentable. "Thanks, I've gotta go now. Bye," she hugged me and walked away. I smiled sadly; she didn't even tell me who she was going out with.

I shook that off and went to find one of my other daughters. I saw Daisy in her bedroom, reading with Jaiden. Even at seven, he's not a good reader, most of his teachers think he has dyslexia, so we're taking him to the doctors soon. I smiled at them; Daisy was so calm and sweet when Jaiden messed up the words; and Jaiden high-fives his sister when he gets the words right.

I decided to just go make sure the kids were still sleeping on my bed, and when I got there, all of them curled up to each other, it was adorable.

"Mum!" Someone screamed in the distance.