[Sixteen]

Audrey

Audrey

New York City – November 20th, 2018 - Flashback

"Audrey, hey," Harry said cheerfully as he answered her phone call on the second ring.

"Hi," she said quietly as the sick feeling in her stomach festered inside of her.

"How are you? I miss you," he told her.

"I, uh..." Audrey said, unable to find the words she needed to say.

"You didn't call last night. I was getting kind of worried," he pointed out.

It was true. She didn't call, but it was because she fell asleep early. That was before she saw what she saw, causing the sickness in her stomach.

"Harry..." Audrey breathed out uneasily.

"What is it, babe?" He asked, sounding a little concerned.

"Are you... are you cheating on me?" She blurted out, figuring it would be best to be upfront.

"What?" He choked out.

"Are you seeing other women, Harry? Are you hooking up with other people?" Audrey asked, more demanding. She needed to know – either way, she needed to know.

"Audrey, no. No way," he said defensively.

"Okay, then please tell me who this brunette is that you were spotted with two nights ago," she choked out, looking at a picture of her boyfriend with a mystery woman at a club.

"Audrey..." Harry sighed.

"I never put much faith into what the paparazzi posted about you because it was always so ridiculous, Harry. But I can't help but draw conclusions after seeing you with this girl," she explained, feeling like she might break down at any moment, entirely fearful of what he was about to say or admit to.

Imagine her surprise when she opened Twitter to find her and Harry's name trending. That's when she found out why. She was bombarded with pictures of her boyfriend dancing all too closely with another woman at a club. It wasn't until she saw the picture of the woman sitting on his lap, and the multiple pictures of the two of them leaving the club together that she began to really worry. She didn't want to believe it, but the proof was staring her right in the face.

"Audrey, we're just friends," Harry sighed, sounding stressed out over it.

"So, you leaving the club with her... what? Concluded in you going back to your place to play a heated game of scrabble? Or what, Harry?" Audrey asked sarcastically, feeling the anger boiling up in her body.

"We didn't even go back to my place, Audrey," he said, raising his voice on the other end of the line.

"What the hell did you do?" She snapped, feeling like she was about to lose her mind.