[Fourteen]

Harry

Harry

Los Angeles – June 7th, 2019

After Audrey left, after Harry ran her out of his house, he just felt miserable. It wasn't like he didn't want her around, because he wanted her around so badly. He missed her so much. He just couldn't handle seeing the disappointment and disgust in her eyes when she looked at him. He couldn't handle facing that, so he didn't. He would just sit there and wallow in his own misery if it meant he wouldn't have to disappoint her any further. The less she knew the better.

Harry walked toward the living room and plopped down on the couch, feeling miserable and pathetic. The look in Audrey's eyes haunted him, making him feel like the biggest piece of shit on the planet. She was the love of his life, a girl that was so in love with him that she'd been willing to stick around through just about everything, but he wasn't too entirely sure if that would hold up after today. He didn't deserve it.

Harry sat there dealing with all of this inner-turmoil, and hated himself even more when he felt the itching in his blood for the drug. He didn't even realize how his fingernails were absent-mindedly scratching against the palms of his hands, causing sore patches on his skin. His body was calling for it, needing it, aching for it. And he didn't have it in him to resist. He immediately pulled out the small box he shoved it all in when Audrey was there, staring at its contents. He knew he didn't have any will-power. His body was screaming too loudly for it.

Three lines later, Harry sat with his head draped back against the couch, his body feeling numb and he hated that he loved it so much. But the high made it feel like his problems were a million miles away and it was just an overall intoxicating feeling he couldn't pass up. The energy he felt flowing through his veins was too good.

Harry's eyes shot open when he heard a boisterous knock at his front door. He scoffed to himself, hoping that if he didn't answer it, maybe they'd just go away. But then he heard the loud knock again and he stood up from the couch, moving toward the foyer.

"Go away!" Harry bellowed.

"Open the door, Harry," he heard Niall's stern voice.

"Fuck," Harry said under his breath as he turned quickly, going back into the living room to gathered up all the drug paraphernalia. He put it back into its little box before tucking it away in a drawer in his coffee table.

Niall's knock once again startled Harry.

"I don't want to talk, Niall! Go away!" Harry said, grabbing a gray hoodie from the couch that had the word DAMN. written across it. He quickly threw it over his head and slipped his arms in before walking toward the foyer again.

"Harry, I have your key. You might as well open the door," Niall threatened, causing anger to flood Harry's whole body.

"God damn it," Harry grumbled to himself, catching a quick glimpse of himself in the mirror on his way to the door.