[Twelve]

Audrey

Audrey

New York City – June 1st, 2019

"Aww, Nialler! I miss you so much!" Audrey cooed at her best friend during a much needed FaceTime call.

"I miss ya too, Aud," Niall chuckled, smiling at her.

He had just woken up and Audrey was nearly ready to go to bed, but they made it a point to call each other.

They hadn't seen each other since she was in Los Angeles in March. He went back home to Ireland after her trip, before going to stay at his London house for a while. He had another trip planned for Los Angeles in the next week, but wasn't sure when he'd make it back to New York, and that fact made Audrey so sad. What she wouldn't give just to spend an afternoon with him at the diner again.

"You know, this is a weird angle of you," Audrey snickered.

"What do you mean?" He asked, propping his head up on his hand by way of his elbow.

"I don't know, just... I can see up your nose, dude," she giggled.

Audrey watched as Niall pushed up the end of his nose with his thumb, causing her to giggle even more.

"You like that?" He chuckled, moving the camera slightly to appease her.

"Attractive, Niall," she laughed.

"Thought so," he said, giving her a genuine smile.

Audrey quickly moved through apps on her phone, checking for a text, for anything from Harry before going back to FaceTime. She hadn't heard from him all day and was hoping she would by the end of the night. It was only ten o'clock in California, so she was hoping he was still awake. She couldn't fathom him going to sleep that early.

"Oh, hey! How's Harry?" Niall asked immediately, seeming to sense exactly what and who was on her mind.

"I don't know. I haven't heard from him all day," she said, giving him a frown.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"He hasn't returned my calls or texts," she explained.

"But you saw him last night though, right?" Niall asked, looking at her questioningly.

"What?" Audrey asked, knitting her eyebrows together in confusion. How would she have seen him?

"Uh..." Niall said awkwardly.

"What do you mean, I saw him last night?" She asked for clarification.

"He didn't come see you?" Niall asked cautiously.

"Harry's here? In New York?" Audrey choked out.

"He, uh... him and his mates flew out yesterday," Niall informed her.