026

•C h a p t e r   t w e n t y - s i x•

C h a p t e r t w e n t y - s i x•

-H o p e-

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

♪ I've got to keep on pushing
I can't stop now
Move up a little higher
Some way, somehow ♪

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

┏━━━ ━━━┓
Liam
┗━━━ ━━━┛

Scott, Malia and I are running in the woods trying to find Valeria and Hayden.

The problem is, we can't track them. It's like they vaporized off the face of the earth.

I can't even explain how I feel. I'm incredibly worried about Valeria and even Hayden.

I don't understand why they wanted Valeria. She's not a chimera. She's a werewolf. What do they need a werewolf for?

My eyes glow golden as I gaze helplessly at the moon above me. It's a deep night, and without my werewolf senses, I couldn't see a step ahead of me.

I look up from the precipice and cast a glance at the city lights. They could be anywhere. For the love of God, they don't even have to be in Beacon Hills.

Scott kneels on the ground and rubs his forehead. "Howl," I tell him. "Howl, Scott. I would do it, but you're Alpha, and there's more chance she'll hear your howls than mine."

He nods and howls loudly. A flock of birds scatters around us, quickly flying away because they're scared.

Malia comes over and shakes her head. "Nowhere. I'm sorry."

"My God," I fold my arms over my chest and frown at the view of the city.

"There's no scent. No tracks. No way to find 'em," Scott admits.

"But Valeria can howl back, right?" Malia tries to find some hope.

"Only if she heard me," Scott looks in the same place as me.

"This shouldn't have happened."

^^^^

┏━━━ ━━━┓
Valeria
┗━━━ ━━━┛

I open my eyes and groan in pain. There is now a tube on my hand and some metal thing that is heavy and sticks into my skin.

I grab it in my hand and try to rip it out, but I can't. I'm weak for it. I look the other way and I see Hayden with two of the Doctors standing over her.