𝟭𝟱

season one, part fifteen: i'm here

Outside the rain mellows and beams of sun start to pour out between the clouds. You sit in silence on the couch draped in a large blanket, the warmth slowly cloaking round about you.

Dalia has long gone upstairs by now.

Bokuto sits opposite you, drying his hair with the towel you gave him when he got inside. Inhaling sharply you then speak "Why are you here ?" you pause and look out the window briefly spotting a tree sparrow fly past your house and land on a neighbours cherry tree. "Look, I'm sorry it's just-" you sigh apologising before you are cut off.

"It's calm don't worry about it i'll go make some food" he says getting up and walking towards the kitchen, you hum in acknowledgement and turn back to look at the window hoping to see the sparrow.

Taking in a deep breath you close your eyes and lean your head against the head of the couch. In the background you hear the occasional 'oops' cluttering of the cutlery. You smile before muttering a small 'thank you' and drifting into sleep.

Your eyes flicker open and you sit up slightly, "your finally awake" he says walking up to you to help you get up but you assure him you are okay and stand up on your own.

"I tried to make my aunt's famous mac n' cheese but i've never cooked before so it might be shit" he says as you walk towards the large glass table in the centre of the open-planned space. "...You still have to ear it though because i had to babysit for a week just for the recipe" he grins at you pulling your chair out for you and tucking you in after you sat down.

He walks towards the kitchen and finishes off the plating of the food before he turns back round with both plates, setting yours in-front of you. And then jogging lightly back towards the kitchen to get forks for the both of you.

"I made some spinach as well since they are good for normal dietary function" he explains sitting down, "Oo where did you learn that ?" you ask "Y/n I literally take food & nutrition at school i swear i told you this" he responds before stuffing a spoonful of the food in his mouth and choking on it.

"Bo you have to be careful" you shake your head as you get up to pass him some water, you hand it to him and pat his back. He coughs and glares at you before pouting "Ouch that hurt".

"Shut up you is grown" he laughs as you walk back to your seat. "So after we're done eating I was thinking we can watch a movie and just chill for the rest of the evening" he says as he peers up from his food looking at you.

"Sure" you say, and you continue eating your food which was actually good but you weren't going to tell him that.

"That movie was so shit, it was like knock off shrek" you giggle at the little argument you two were having, "Unt Unt this movie is goated" he says shaking his head, before mimicking the voice of the main character "don't worry Charlotte-chan, I'll save you" which makes you laugh.

"It's literally called the adventure's of Charlotte-chan" you say clutching your stomach. He smiles at your response and gets up to grab more popcorn for you both, "yh whatever, I loved this movie as a kid" he mumbles.

You look at the stairs hearing a noise coming from them, and you see your sister Dalia in a hoodie and some joggers. She looked visibly tired with eye bags under her eyes, I have to be strong for her you think.

"I'm going to Asahi's, I don't think I'll be back home tonight" she says before turning to the kitchen after some cutlery dropped. She looks at you with one eyebrow raised "We'll talk about this when I get back" she mouths.

"Bokuto right ? Your Akaashi's friend" she says, "yup, nice to meet you" he grins before digging into the popcorn he forgot he was supposed to bring back to where you guys were sat.

Dalia grabs her keys before asking Bokuto to pass her a monster from the fridge, once she has it she waves a goodbye and leaves. You hear her car pull out of the garage and pray that she will be okay.

You sigh, as Bokuto comes to take a seat next to you on the ground. He puts an arm around you and you both sit in silence for a long time until you fall asleep.

...goodnight

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 – 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙