𝟭

season one, part one: match point

EVER SINCE I COULD REMEMBER. I was constantly playing volleyball for teams in and out of school. I wouldn't particularly say i 'loved' the sport in general but i did enjoy competition season.

The rush before every new game and the feeling of scoring and eventually winning.

Volley soon became everything to you. Training, hours a week, playing for prefecture after prefecture and gaining recognition from players and volleyball fans all over the world. You loved it.

Over the years you had become a name in the volleyball world. And in the new year you would be making your senior debut.

luvv.daiyu •••

daiyu                                                             •••

liked by li_oo15, kiyokox, nyzuki9 and 19,325 others

luvv.daiyu |🧃 @ nyzuki9

comments

nyzuki9 | bestfrien ❤️
reply to @ nyzuki9, li_oo15 | what about me bunny 🥺
reply to @ li_oo15, nyzuki9 | who is you ?👀

fukurovb_akaashi| pretty
reply to @ fukurovb_akaashi, luvv.daiyu | 😊

li_oo15| yo when was the last time you washed your hair 😬
reply to @ li_oo15, luvv.daiyu | shut up roach 😒

kiyokox| you look nice daiyu 🙂

load more comments...

The silence was almost suffocating. A chance ball. The setter had just pushed the ball off their finger tips, your team slowly stepped back as you ran across your half of the court you leapt up. You loved this feeling seeing the other team below you panic and try to block the ball. BAM!

You smacked the ball right into the back line of defenders, your feet landed back on the court. The crowd erupted in cheers your team ran towards you screaming. You chuckled as sweat dropped from your head.

"And there you have it Japan's Junior Volleyball team retain their 3 year long title"

"The winners, Japan's Junior Women's National Team! Ladies and Gentlemen"

You walked towards your stand and bowed as a team, smiling and waving to people in the stands.

"Y/n, Y/n Mezuki" you turned seeing the reporters, you smiled and went to your interviews "How do you feel after another win today at the Tokyo Gymnasium" the reporter questioned "Honestly" you said between pants "it feels amazing and the support we got today was so amazing" you said smiling while using the towel on your neck to wipe your face slightly.

"Y/n you are said to be the best female volleyball player in Asia and probably the world" another reporter stated shoving the previous reporter on the floor, by accident.

"Sorry but can you please step back i will answer your question in a moment" you said as you leaned down to help the reporter off the floor "are you okay ?" you asked, they blushed and assured you they were ok. You smiled at them and turned your attention back to the interviews.

After your interviews you went to the changing rooms and had a shower before you put your spare kit on zipping up the jumper.

You grabbed your bag and making sure you had everything and walked out meeting the rest of your team. "those reporters had you in a chokehold huh" a hand flug over your shoulder you laughed "why didn't you rescue me then huh Daiyu" you said placing your had over her shoulder.

She pouted "you know i didn't leave you on purpose right" "yh i know you were on the phone with your lover boy kaashi" you teased.

Before she could reply "IT'S THE NATIONAL TEAM", "shit" you both muttered, swarms of reporters and fans ran towards your team. Security rushed to push them back, "Guys get on the bus quickly" your Coach, Fuki Hibarida, shouted.

You quickly put Daiyu infront of you and you both got into the bus. As you sat down the doors closed and the Coach made sure you were all in the bus.

"Well done for today's match against South Korea, you all played superbly especially you Mezuki, as the youngest it was a surprise that you were very calm and handled everything well" Hibarida-san commended.

"Soo as a treat i'll take you all for hotpot tonight at 8pm, bring friends if you want I'm feeling generous" you all cheered, you could've sworn you saw Daiyu start drooling.

The rest of the ride your slept on Daiyu's shoulder. Once you woke up you were at the gymnasium the male and female team used. You all got out with your bags to see friends, family and fellow teammates waiting.

As soon as they saw you they cheered. The team arranged themselves in a line and bowed before standing straight and walking towards people they knew.

"Y/N! DAIYU!" you both turned towards the voices. There they were all your friends from Karasuno, Fukurodani and Nekoma. You smiled and waved, you grabbed Daiyu's hand and ran towards the group.

Once you got to them you let go of each other's hands and went in opposite directions to speak to everyone. "Y/NNNNN!" you hear a shout from behind you, you turn again only to be engulfed in a large hug "Li get off me mane" you grumbled into his coat, he let go of you and crossed his arms giving you a scowl "i thought you would be happy to see me" he grumbled looking away from you "boi bye you know im happy to see you" you grinned "you lyin" he asked one eye opened slightly turning towards you with a pout "yh" you replied nonchalantly, li then ran off to find his sister.

Shaking your head you turned to face the rest of your friends. "Y/n you were awesome out there" Shoyo beamed "it's was all like BAM! WHOOSH! AHHH CRASH!" he gushed swaying on his heels "Arigato shoyo" you smiled giving him a hug.

"Marry Me" you heard you looked back and you were now hugging Nishinoya "um no" you said and everyone started laughing.

You eventually said goodbye to everyone, after inviting them for hotpot of course, you wanted to leave and have a nap before hotpot that night. Now in the car with your sister you plugged in the aux.

"Y/n I'm so proud of you bro" your sister said nudging you with her eyes on the road "thanks ali" you replied "I wish i could've seen you in action in real time uno" she said her tone slightly regretful "its ok boss i understand" you joked nudging her back to.

"Oh and by the way oba said we should come over tomorrow, Kyotani will be back then" she looked at you briefly, you hummed. You cousin had been away for 3 weeks now for a training camp in Shanghai and mane you were excited to see him again, probably getting him to teach you something new.

[Arigato: Thank you; Oba: Aunt]

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 – 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙