30. Being Closer

Magsimula sa umpisa

The teacher said as the class were cheering and excitedly talking to each other. "Luigi. I have checked your schedule. I have made sure the club's timetable does not clash with anything else at all on your schedule. I assure you, there will be no problems there. Luigi we need you to lead this club. We have no other student here who has any experience of doing anything even remotely close to this big. I can guarantee that any demands you make from the science department it will be granted. We just want you to be the one to lead it."

Luigi could see this guy sounded almost desperate. He knew exactly why. This club was no normal high school club. It had sharp deadlines from external companies and institutions. It needed someone with good academic scores in science which he had acquired from his old school that was kind of a science specialist school. The person becoming club president had to be a strong leader good at being on top of what everyone did and how they contributed too. He had acquired those skills from his football captain days in his old school too. He was good at paper work and record keeping too.

The teacher continued "I can not find anyone as qualified as you Luigi. You have done this before... We need you to take this role..."

Luigi said "Fine. I will do it..." He liked to take on this challenge even though he had done it before in his old school.

Eden noticed how the teacher looked relieved now. He asked the class for silence and then he informed the class of the list of rules to follow in the club and gave them information about how it worked. Eden was blown away. The club presidents in this school had almost the same authority as the class teachers in some ways. They could sanction and even make detention referrals if needed. So much was at stake, it made sense.

*****

Gabriela had gone over the Irish School during lunch time to hang out with Ciara in the Irish school. Sean had been busy with some kind of assessments that ran over lunch time for some reason. So he was going to have his lunch in the assessment room that day. Gabriela found the guy annoying. He just did not let Ciara  breathe.

Gabriela was sitting opposite Ciara and having lunch. They were talking about different topics ranging from school to personal life. They got on well together. They just did.

Gabriela noticed Dina and Sorcha entering the cafeteria and the splitting up. She watched them as they chose their male victims and ambushed them. Gabriela said "Seriously? They are performing their hunting rituals here too? How can they be allowed? This school has rules."

Ciara said "Don't worry. They would not go too far. They just like to scare the boys. They do not really hurt the boys really unless the boys insult them or insult their friends. They just like to see fear in these boys... Its just mostly threats what they are throwing around. Ignore them..."

Gabriela said "I do not understand these girls at all... Why do they get thrills from scaring boys off." She then got on with eating.

Ciara said "Gabriela... We both know that we do what they do sometimes too."

Gabriela said " We do not go hunting for males... We do not target random by-standers. But if a boy deserves our wrath, he will get it from us..."

Ciara smiled "I guess... Anyways. Where is Eden? Why didnt you bring her over here for lunch?"

Gabriela said "Eden and Lena had to go to the school newspaper office to have lunch with their team. Eden was supposed to attend this lunch meeting with the school newspaper team and did not want to go alone because she felt that her brother flirting with Linda Lawrence, the school newspaper student editor could really make her lose the plot and needed some friend to distract her.. Lena volunteered to go with her. Eden was very happy and even was hoping Lena to give writing articles a try. Who knows?"