19. Lost Love

It was after school. Dean O'Brien was in one of the "boys only" student lounges at the Irish school. Some lounges and home rooms were mixed but some were for boys or girls only too to allow the kids to have gender specific activities too in their social time.

Dean was alone in that room throwing darts at a target. Everyone who had been there had cleared the area when they had seen him coming in picking up the darts to play with it. He was pretty good with using any weapons and if anyone of those guys upset him while he had darts in his hands they were done for. He had a short temper and was pretty ruthless.

Christian entered the room with a bottle of lemonade and found the place empty. He looked around "Dean. Where did everyone else go? I thought we were going to have a games tournament here this afternoon?"

Dean threw a dart and hit the bull's eyes "They left when I came in. Go try another one of the "boys only" lounges. They might be there. I don't know."

Christian sighed and walked to a couch and put his drink down on a table. He laid down on the couch while watching Dean throwing darts. He put his hands under his neck and said "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be hanging out with your girlfriend right now? I heard you just met a new girl. Don't you want to spend some time with her right now?"

Dean said flatly "We broke up." He then threw another dart at the target which hit the bull's eye again. He then walked to the target and pulled the darts out of the target's bulls eyes area. He walked back to his position to throw darts again.

Christian asked "Again? You want to play again. You hit pretty good last time. Try doing something else in this room. Like ... let me think .... Talk to the only other human in this room right now..."

Dean ignored him and started throwing darts "Christian. Leave me in peace. I am really not in the mood for your remarks right now."

Christian laughed "This is a lounge. People come here to hang out with other people and socialise mostly. So here I am. I came here to socialise. I have a comfy seat. So unfortunately or fortunately talking to you is my only option for socialising right now."

Dean said " Go to another lounge Christian. I told you. Leave me in peace. Seriously. I want to be alone right now."

Christian said "Loneliness won't help fill the voids in your life. Face up to your problems."

Dean turned around "Christian. What do you know about filling voids and solving my problems? What if I want to have problems?"

Christian chuckled "No one wants to have problems."

Dean said "I do. Now leave me alone." His focus went back to the darts that he was holding in his hand. He aimed a dart and threw it. It landed on the bull's eyes again.

Christian said "Why did you break up with your girlfriend this time?"

Dean said "She was not faithful like always. It is hard to find a faithful girl."

Christian said "It is actually even harder to find a faithful guy. Don't you agree."

Dean said "I do agree."

Christian said "You do?"

Dean sighed and turned around "Christian. What are you trying to do? Play 20 questions?"

Christian said "Pretty much. Yes."

Dean asked "What do you want to find out? Come out. Ask your questions. Then leave me in peace."

Christian said "I am trying to find out why you have so many unsuccessful relationships."

Dean turned around and aimed a dart at the target "The girls I date are not faithful..."