Chapter 24: The devil

"You wore a mask for so long
You forgot who you were beneath of it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vanysh and Jake suddently woke up with the noise of their phones ringing.
The sun had already appeared and the birds were already singing.

—Good morning. -He kissed her.

—Good morning.
—Was it mine or your phone ringing?

—I think both.
—It must be your friends.

Vanysh instantly turned to pick up her phone and check the notifications, but it wasn't any of them.

—Ugh. It's from the dark mystery forum.

—Anything important?

—No idea.

—We can take care of it later.

—Wanna make waffles?

—Sure.

They got up and started dressing.

—Where is my bra?

—Are you talking about this? -He held it with a little smirk on his face.

—Yup. -She got it back and kissed him.

*

After having breakfast along with Jake, Vanysh went to her room so that she could take a look at the forum by herelf and decide how she was going to get along with the people in there.
To her surprise, Ladylotus answered her again.

"Ladylotus:
In your future, I see a golden crown of a king. I can see you going back to something or someone really important to you or with a big relevance in your past.
Unfortunately, you are about to face some hard times. But you won't be facing them alone.
There is a person in your life to whom you are very important. But something unsaid is still between you.
And in case something is offered to you any time soon, you should decline it."

That really got Vanysh thinking.  She never really believed in this sort of thing as she always thought it was charlatanry, but what Ladylotus said was so extremely specific that she couldn't help but ask questions.

"What am I going back to? Could this person she talked about be Jake?"

—It's definetely him...

After that, Vanysh decided to look at the forum page about Duskwood where Amy was taking part. She was hoping to get any information about the "Darkness" person.

"Nymos:
Hey, everyone. I wanted to know more about the legend of the MWAF, but unfortunately the conversation ended.
Does anyone know anything else about it?"

"Now I wait."

Before Vanysh could turn off her phone, Jessy called her.

—Jessy?

—Hey Vanysh.
—Well, there are two things to talk about.
—First thing:
—I just wanted to say that it means a lot to me that you and Jake shared everything with us. Specially after everything that happened.