Chapter 21: Missing

TW: Panic attack and blood
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nobody is coming to save you.
Get up"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The situation got to the point where Vanysh didn't know if the masked man in front of her was real or a hallucination. But the voice of Jake coming from her phone made her wake up.

—PLEASE TALK TO M- She hung up.

—Why are you doing this?! -She shouted to the masked man.

He didn't answer. Just kept looking at her in that psychotic way.

—Please, just let me save Richy.
—I swear we will never come back here again.

—I warned you... Vanysh. -He said as the mask drowned out his voice. It was so muffled she could barely hear.

—Please...

He started to come on her direction while the her phone rang nonstop.

—Is that what you want? To fight? -She got herself prepared to confront him physically, even though he had no disposition to do so- Then so it be.

When he got close enough to Vanysh to hit her in the head, she headbutted him and then kneed him in the stomach right away, which nearly knocked him to the ground, but he managed to stay on his feet and  went with much more fury towards her, pushing her into a tree and trying to hold her by the neck until she passed out, but then she looked at the knife that was still in his hand and saw her only salvation.

With a last spurt of courage and a face of who already felt the pain before it even happened, she headbutted him again.  A headbutt so hard it felt like she'd fallen off a building.

The two of them went to the floor right away, but she quickly managed to get the knife he had just dropped and crawl to the other side so that she could defend herself when he came up again.
When he did, she didn't think twice before attacking him with that same knife, but as she was already extremely weak from the panic attack she was still having and running around the forest, Vanysh only managed to hit the masked man's shoulder, which made him fall to the other side in pain while he tried to take the knife off and gave her time to run away.

She started running for her life and crying because she knew that it was too late for both her and Richy as she realized he was still running towards her. And he was only about 1 meter away from getting her.

Before Vanysh could even look back, she blacked out. He managed to hit her.

____________________________________________

V.N.

Cleo:
—Look! She is waking up.

Jake:
—Vanysh?

Jessy:
—She is awake!

Lilly:
—Vanysh!

Thomas:
—Oh my god.

I started opening my eyes, but everything was still blurry and dark. All I could see was 5 people around the bed staring at me.