Chapter 8: Chaos

"Sit down and rest as much as you can. Soon you'll see what lies in the dark"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V.N.

One of the things that keeps us going is the hope that one day it will end. It doesn't always end well, but what we are looking for will not happen without a try. The thing is: is it worth it?

For years, I had been wishing that my time in that town would come to an end, so I stayed there until I found a way out.
At the moment I'm not sure if Hanna is the only thing I've been looking for here lately.

I woke up, had one of my daily walks and went straight to the library Jessy told me about yesterday.

It wasn't big or small, but had a nice, kind of dirt space. In general, It can be said that the place is very old, which makes me think that there might actually be the book we've been looking for here.

—Good morning -I said to an old woman who was taking care of the balcony.

—Hello, Miss, how can I help you?

—I'd like to know if you have any book about Duskwood's legends or stories.

—There is. Yes.

I can barely believe that coming here was actually worth it.

—Just let me check in the computer so that I can get you the book.

—Ok, thanks.

After 5 minutes propped up on the counter, she frowned and checked some sort of diary.

—Is everything alright?

—Hum. I did find the book you are searching for, but It seems like someone already took it and should've brought back 4 days ago.

Fuck. For a moment I was even happy.

—Oh, god. Alright then, I'll come back another day.

—Goodbye and sorry for that!

*

I was going to tell Jessy about it, but it seemed like she already had to deal with some problems.

Spy mode

Phill:
I knew you were going to disappoint me again, but the fact that Dan didn't even show up for his first day really is another thing.

Jessy:
What? 🙁

Phill:
You swore up and down that I wouldn't regret giving him a job. Isn't that what you said?

Jessy:
Phill I'm sooo sorry😫 I know that there is a valid reason for that

Phill:
Sorry doesn't do anything for me.
And while we are at it: Tell your friend Cleo that she no longer needs to snoop around here. Dont you think that it looks terrible to guests?
Dont even answer.

I can recognize that name, he's Jessy's brother, which considering his behavior is really surprising because he is a real dick. Poor Jessy.

Another thing that surprises me but not that much is what he said about Cleo. I knew she was hiding or planning something again.