Chapter 3: Part of the group

"Are we afraid to be alone in the dark or accompanied?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People who live in small places tend to know everything about each other. News run faster than a water stream and secrets spread like autumn leaves.

That's one of the things I don't get about Duskwood. How come nobody but some people from that group seems to care about Hanna's disappearance?

*

It's 2 PM when the bell finally rings.

—Hey!

As expected, It was Cleo.

—Hello, Cleo.

—How are you?

—Oh, I am fine. You?

—Me too, thanks. I've been thinking, how about we go to the rainbow café?

—Uhm... Rainbow what? -I ask in confusion.

—Oh my, you live in Duskwood and don't know the best cafeteria in town? -She plays with a smile.

—Haha... Yea. You know, I literally moved here yesterday...

She looked serious for a while, like she was thinking about something important.

—Really?

—Yea...

I even know what it is. They weren't aware of the fact that I'm not only not from here, but just moved yesterday.

The realization in her face shows that, right now, she is asking herself how I could've kidnapped Hanna if I wasn't even here.

—S-so, now we have one more reason to go there! It will to be nice for you to get to know the town a little bit.

She is not wrong. I barely know my way around here.

—Sure, why not.

—Amazing! Just one... little thing: I kind of invited Jessy too. She wanted to meet you.

I KNEW something else was going to come along. But that will be more than great. I do need to know this people.

—Oh, no problem. -I kindly smile.

—Great, let's go then? I'll take us there by car.

—Evn better haha.

*

The famous rainbow café is really pretty and has nice vibes, with angelic and coffee drawings on the beige with white details wall. It really suit's Duskwood.

When we left Cleo's car I could see by far that same small, red-haired and smiling girl. Jessica.

—Hello Vanysh! I'm Jessy. -She says, still smiling.

—It's a pleasure to meet you, Jessy.

We went to the inside of the café and sat on a white, but very detailed table. Everything here is so delicated and "sweet", somehow. The inside looks just like the outside, but it is "whiter"and "pinker", with the same scottish drawigs and flowers.