"Hi, Arabella." I hold my hand out over the table.

"Where's your ring?" Agent Da Rosa shakes my hand.

"Getting it refitted." I smile at Agent Hamada, glancing down at his tattooed fingers. He's more the look of a gangster than Roman is. "Your tattoo is really nice." I look at the semi-colon on his middle finger.

He covers one hand with the other, "You're a Costa?"

"Originally yes." I sip on my mocha.

"Is there a reason you're here, Agents? Or can i enjoy a coffe with my wife in peace?" Roman asks.

"Quit the shit, Reign." Hamada talks, "We know it was you, the MO was the exact same-"

"And your evidence?" Roman taps his finger off the table.

"Kane Hampton was killed the same way these five men have been killed. All with a bullet between the eyes, another in the hand, and another in the foot. You confessed-"

"I didn't confess, Da Rosa." Roman holds his hand up, "That's where you're wrong. We all know if i confessed i would be in a prison cell... which i'm not."

"Three people seen you walk away from the dumping sight." Hamada sighs.

"When?" Romans eyebrow raise.

"Yesterday, 9PM."

"I was with my wife." Romans says, and that was true.

"Oh yeah, doing what?" Hamada looks at me.

"We were watching a movie." I bite into the cupcake, "Fight club, you can check my netflix if you'd like. I even have pictures."

I do, i take pictures of everything so i did take them of how Romans hand was gripping my thigh, or later on in the movie when Asher's head fell to my lap.

"It's not necessary." Hamada says.

"How's your girlfriend, Agent Hamada?" Roman says, and the agents jaw clenched. "Athena right? She's at NYU?"

I wanted to tell Roman to shut up but i'm realising this is the first time i'm going to see how he gets out of everything, his mind tricks.

"And your sister is still in Sicily?" Da Rosa says to Roman. I didn't even know Roman had a sister, "She is, i know she is, because i have people watching her."

Roman eyes flick up, a smirk on his face. "Well, of course you do Ace. You have too much time on your hands. But yes, my sister is okay, but Athena... she's quite-"

"Say her name again and i'm going to rip your tongue from your mouth." Hamada bangs his hand on the table, "Respect your wife, don't eye up my girlfriend."

"Oh, hit a spot did i?" Roman laughs. He laughs in the agents faces.

"You lay a finger on Athena and i swear to god, your wife will get it ten times worse." Hamada looks at me.

"You would never." Roman slings his arm on the back of my chair. "Now agents, i really am trying to have a nice coffee with my wife."

"Do you know anything?" Da Rosa looks at me, "I can take you both down to the station and question you while he isn't prying over your shoulder."

"I watched a movie with my husband last night, Agent. And the night before that, we ate chinese takeout while we discussed a trip to Nevada." I say truthfully, "So your witnesses are wrong, and you can question me all you want but i don't know anything."

"Kairi." A guy calls from behind me, a tall middle-eastern looking man. "Come on."

"I'll get you Roman." Hamada stands up, "And you too."

"Bye, Hamada. No doubt i will see you again." Roman watch as they both leave. Da Rosa stays behind and hands me a card, then leaves.

"Ace is Italian?" I look at his number on the card.

"Fully, his parents knew my parents." Roman sips on the drink, "You did good."

"I didn't know you had a sister."

"You don't know a lot about me, baby." He looks at me, "But i do, she's nineteen, same age as you, but she's not like us."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I sip on my, now going cold, drink.

"Shes autistic, severely. Struggles to leave the house."

"I want to meet her one day." I say, but the stink eye he gave me made me want to retreat my words. "Sorry."

"Maybe one day." He mumbles.

"Who would lie about seeing you?" I take another bite of the cupcake.

"Anybody who thinks i'd be better in a cell."

"Which is?"

"Like half the country." He smiles, "I'm very proud of how you handled the situation."

I felt accomplished that he said he was proud of me. No one has ever been proud of me before.

"Are you familiar with the agents?"

"Yes. Hamada has been following me for years, he's a good agent, better then any i've ever encountered, but he has his weaknesses."

"Like his girlfriend?"

"She's only recent but especially his girlfriend. I would never hurt her, only because i know Hamada would do much worse to my sister, or to you, but threatening to shows his weakness and i use that against him."

It's really interesting how his mind works.

"So you do care?"

"My sister is vulnerable as it is, and quite literally my life would be easier if she was gone. But i made a promise to my mother whenever she died and if there's one thing i live by, it's my word, Arabella."

So he doesn't care.

I finish eating my cupcake, "Why did you come out today when you knew agents were scattering the streets?"

"To fuck with them." He rubs his hands down his thighs, "Nothing pisses off agents more than a confident killer." He stands up, "What would you like to do?"

"Me?"

"Anything. You did a good job, i want to reward you."

"Ducks." I say straight away, "I want to feed them."

"Let's go."

=
=
=
=
=

lol ofc i had to add my sexies Kairi and Ace into this, they make a few more appearances later on in the book as well :)

word count: 1628