Dad?

~Caden~

I tried hard to get Rhiannon to our house to help Valia. It took quite a while before she agreed. It was like something wasn't right  with her. She only told me what was wrong after the gunshots. She was really scared and it was visible that she was trying hard to not get a panic attack. I held her close to me after we went into the safe room. She fell asleep after she cried. It was sad but cute. Looking at her in my arms made me smile. How I wish it would be like this everyday.

I lost sleep because I was watching over Valia and Rhiannon. After sometime, I went out of the safe room to check what was going on. The police had surrounded the house opposite us and the ambulance was there too. I saw something familiar but I couldn't figure it out.

*phone rings*

It was my mom.

"Caden, is your dad home now?" Mom asked.

"What do you mean? I thought dad was with you."

"What? He left yesterday. I needed to stay and do something."

"Call him please, I'm worried."

"Don't worry mom, I'll call him right away."

I hang up immediately and called his phone. It didn't go through so I kept calling. I went for Valia and Rhiannon from the safe room and told them what was going on. We went downstairs to the shooting scene to ask who got shot. It was dad. Dad got shot three times while trying to save Mr Fren apparently.

We rushed to the hospital as soon as possible. It wasn't good at all. His situation was critical.

"Haaaaa! I can't lose you dad!" I screamed to release stress.

"Caden, please calm down... he'll be..fi.." Valia said and passed out.

"Oh no! Help! Valia! Wake up!"

*phone rings*

Mom.

"Caden, I just saw the news. How's your dad doing? How's Valia? I'm almost there."

I couldn't say anything.

"Caden! How's everyone? How are you?" My mom kept crying over the phone.

"Mom, I...I don't know. Valia is unconscious in front of me and dad is... I don't know...I can't..." Rhiannon picked the phone up.

"Mom, Valia got a little panicked and dad is in the operation room right now. Caden is just a little shocked by everything. We are waiting for you. Stop crying okay. Everything will be better." Rhiannon said trying hard to hold her tears.

They came for Valia and we followed. Mom came too. We were all in Valia's hospital room waiting for her or dad to wake up. They claim the operation went well but we wanted to see him first.

Rhiannon looked really pale so I asked her to go home. She was hesitating but she accepted in the end. She said she would come back with food and clothes for Valia. We all agreed and I escorted her to the bus station.

—————————

~Rhiannon~

Everything was hard to think about. I didn't know what to do or say. Caden's dad is in a critical situation and Valia is also not good. Caden's mom didn't know what to do either. But Caden was so sad and angry and I just couldn't figure out how to help him.

I went home to get food and some clothes. I prepared some food myself and bought some snacks. I was feeling really dizzy so I called Caden to tell him I would be a little late. I didn't tell him I wasn't fine because he was already going through a lot.

I went back to the hospital at 1pm. Valia was already awake so I served everyone. Caden was refusing to eat so I pretended like I couldn't eat mine so that he force me to eat and I'd share with him. He still didn't mind.

"So Valia, how's the food I prepared?" I asked intentionally.

"You prepared this?" Caden's mom asked surprisingly.

"Yes please, is it good?"

"It's perfect! Wow!" Caden's mom said making me giggle.

Caden took my plate instantly and ate everything. He asked for more after he finished my food.

"I thought someone didn't want to eat..." Valia teased.

"I think I heard something like that too." Caden's mom teased too.

"I guess someone changed their mind." I added.

He didn't say anything but was focused on the food. After eating, I sent everything to the car and came back. They discharged Valia so she went home with her mom. They both looked very tired so Caden and I chose to stay in the hospital.

"Rhiannon, thank you very much."

"There's no need to thank me. I did it because I wanted to."

"You're funny, it's already 5pm."

"Yeah, time is moving fast but... I want ice cream." I giggled after saying that.

"Seriously? Right now?" Caden asked.

"Yeah, but it's ok."

Caden got up and left. I felt like he was angry.Everything was critical in his family and I was here thinking about ice cream. Oh no, I'm so stupid. Should've said I was hungry or something else.

Yeah...pretty much.

"Here." Caden came back with a big bowl of ice cream.

"Wh...Ca...I was just...joking."

"I know you weren't joking. Just have it."

"Umm... thank you. What about you?"

"I'm okay but... I'll have a bite if you would share." He said in a flirty way.

"Caden, stop. You're crazy." I said giggling.

"Will you give me a bite?"

"Sure... just a bite."

There was a lot of giggles and laughter. He kept flirting and joking.

"Mr Stevens...your dad's awake now. He keeps calling your name." The doctor said interrupting our moment .

" okay. Thank you doctor. Can we go and see him?" Caden asked.

" yes you can. Go on."

After calling Valia and mom , we went to see dad.

"Caden... is that you?" Caden's dad said in a very weak tone that made me teary.

"Yes dad, it's me." Caden said and got closer to him.

I stood there and didn't say a word. I kept seeing my mom. She told me to run in a very weak tone when my dad was killing her. I went out quietly. Tears started rolling down my face. I took water and cleaned my tears and went back when Valia and mom came.

I told them I was leaving because I couldn't handle it. I had work tomorrow too so I needed rest. Caden didn't want me to leave but I had to.

I got home at 11pm. I called to inform them I was home.

"Hello, I'm home now. Thanks for the ice cream."

"Stop thanking me."

"Okay... I'll go to sleep now." I said and tried to hang up.

"Rhiannon, can you please stay on the phone? Till you... fall asleep?" Caden asked.

"Ermm... okay..." I couldn't say I won't.

I turned on my music box and played Medication by BB Cooper. I sang along because I wasn't very sleepy. After it ended, Caden asked me to play Anyone by Justin Bieber.  I played it and the night went along. I don't know the time I slept...

Please comment and vote.

...