I saved myself.

~Rhiannon~

At the end of the training, I was drained and my nose was still hurting. It was already red and blood would ooze out anytime I faced the floor.

So here I was,with an ice pack on my nose sitting on the couch with my face facing upwards. I couldn't stop thinking of why Kelena was so angry. Nath did say that no one has never made her stumble but it seemed she was furious about something else.

"Rhiannon, it's enough with the ice...your nose will go numb." Kel said from the kitchen.

"Why do you care? You supported a killer." I said mad because she was around.

I didn't like being around any of them.

"You never allowed us to explain-"

"Explain what? That you wish he killed me too?" I said getting up and walking up the stairs.

They had no excuse. They didn't care about me. They didn't listen to me..not even once.

"I was raped okay!!!!!"She shouted when I took three steps up the staircase.

I stood there quiet.

"I was abused many times by that man...our dad...all this happened even before Mom died and she knew about it. Mom knew about Rhia...and what did you want me to do?? Huh? Do you know how scared and weak I was back then? Do you know what I had to go through? You know nothing. Your selfish self left us anyway." She walked out of the house after saying that.

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't think or say or do anything. I just stood there.

I felt light so I sat on the staircase with my head on my knees and hands on the floor.

Yes ..I was selfish. I didn't listen to them, not even once. I felt like they all supported dad. I was so mad at them, mad at Dad and the fact that I couldn't save my mom. I forgot what they also might be going through.

The tap on my shoulder got me by surprise so I gasped.

"OMG..are you okay?" Marga asked sitting by me.

I was silent for a while.

"Did you know about it..that Ke.." i couldn't ask her..I felt ashamed.

She nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why?" I asked through tears.

" You were young and we thought it would be best if we kept it from you. But Mom knew. We told her several times.

All this while, I knew nothing. I cared only about myself.

*Some Years Ago*

~Kelana~

My mom walked into my room with new bedsheets. Someway, somehow, anytime this happened... I'd bleed.

This wasn't the first time my dad had taken me. I had lost count. I was tired of crying and wishing for better all the time. I was rather numb to pain now.

I kept staring at her till she got to me.

"Kel..my dear. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry about this. I'm a useless mother. I really wish he could be put in jail. But I have no way out of this..I don't know.." She started crying.

I didn't know what to do so I got up from the bed and stumbled to the ground. She helped me up and into the bathroom.

Just because we were both vulnerable and victims to one person that we wished would be good to us all the time, we got a bit closer.

I wondered though...I always thought she was stronger than me...but I realized, as time went on that she was weak. She couldn't stand up to my father..not even once. What kind of mother was she?She could've left the house with us and gone far away but she didn't.

One night, after my father had beaten her up and raped her...he came knocking on my door. My mother kept screaming for him to let me be but it was to no avail.

He broke in alas.

I stood by the window beside my shelf holding a pair of scissors.

"Feisty huh? That's why I like you better than your mom." He said shamelessly while taking of his belt.

Just as he tried to hit me with the belt, Marga came kneeling in front of him begging for him to stop.

He picked her up and and gestured for me to come at him. I had no choice but to put the scissors away. He threw Marga towards the cabinet earning a yelp and groan from her. He lashed his belt on the bed and I flinched. He motioned for me to get on the bed and I did because I didn't want to hurt anyone else.

That was the first time he beat me up too. I felt so weak and I couldn't do anything... that's why I decided to become strong so that I can fight him...but I get scared whenever i see him.

Yet still..I hate my mom. I know it wasn't her fault but she could have done better.

Rhiannon doesn't understand that I was only trying to help her.

When I allowed our father back into the house,it was to protect her and nothing else.