Re-uniting with Caden

~Rhiannon~

After everything that day, I came home alone. I was weak and hungry but I had nothing to eat at home. My credit card was maxed out and there was no one I could call for help. Daniel wasn't around and I couldn't call my family either. The last person I could think of was Caden. He lived close to me and I could just go for something and later on, pay back but I didn't want anything to do with someone like him. Not anymore.

But for my stomach, I had to. I wandered about in the room till I couldn't help any longer. I barged out of the house hurriedly and marched to Caden's place. I knocked the door loudly twice. It was quite late. I knocked the third time and I was surprised by what I saw. Caden's parents...I suppose, stood there with angry faces and Caden stood behind them but farther.

I immediately faced the floor in shame lost of words.

"I'm so sorry, please I didn't mean to disturb you at all.I'll take my lead please." I said and turned.

"Wait, what are you doing here? I wasn't expecting you." Caden said making me stop.

Now what?

"Oh...err...well...you know, I , never mind" I said to Caden and apologized to  his parents again.

"Come on in, it must be something between you and my son. We were just having supper so come in." Caden's mom said and pulled me in.

Oh oh.

I wasn't comfortable but I was very hungry so I couldn't decline. I took a seat by Caden's little sister, I guess. She was so beautiful so I introduced myself first.

"Hi, I'm Rhiannon." I said smiling and stretching out my hand.

"Valia."She said smiling brightly and shaking my hand.

Caden's mom served me pasta and I started eating like I've been hungry for ages. I noticed everyone was silent. I raised my head only to see each and everyone of them staring at me. I dropped my fork and cleared my throat gently.

More of a lady now??

"Okay..uhhh..who wants ice cream?" Caden's mom said to stop the attention on me.

"Me!!" Valia screamed so excited.

Lovely.

Everyone else wanted ice cream so she served all of us. Caden kept looking at me because he didn't understand why I came there. Only 'I' knew why I was there. I tried my best to escape his gaze. He pulled me aside and tried to say something but Valia came out of nowhere and pulled me away to her room. She was so beautiful and I couldn't even say anything when she was dragging me.

Her room was in a corner upstairs and she had a balcony all to herself. It was well arranged and beautiful. I wanted to be there forever.

"You can sit on the bed." she said bringing out her phone.

"Why are we here?" I asked smiling like my crush asked me out.

"I know you're not in good terms with my brother but..." she said sitting and looking at me.

" Please don't bring your brother up. I don't want to talk about it." I said trying hard not to be mad and rolling my eyes.

"I understand but at least, you should see this.

I nodded and she took out her phone and showed me some texts. Caden was obsessed with me just as I was obsessed with him. I was excited deep down but I didn't let Valia notice it. I pretended like I didn't have feelings for Caden anymore but I did.

Caden came in without knocking but I pulled Valia with me and tried to move out of the room but Caden was fast enough. He grabbed me by the waist and Valia vanished. I tried to pull myself from him. He held me closer and asked me to look at his face but I ignored.

"Rhiannon please look at me. I promise I will let you go if you want to." He said in a sad tone.

"You think it's easy? Huh? I like you okay? I like you but I don't trust you and I don't want to. Please just..." I screamed out loud.

He let go of me instantly and I sat on the couch in front of Valia's bed. He sat by me and held my hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry for doing this to you okay. I was scared to lose you. I really like you too." He said holding my hands close to his chest.

I didn't know what to say or do so I was just nodding and shaking my head to everything he was saying. He noticed I wasn't paying attention. Paying attention was something I couldn't do in my life. So he stopped. I came to my senses and noticed he wasn't talking anymore.

"I'm sorry." I said nervously and got up from my seat.

"Please let's be like how we were again, I promise I won't hurt you." Caden said from behind .I could feel him coming closer.

"You know, we can't go back to how we were, but we can start over. I'll text you when I get home." I said without turning and I walked downstairs.

I thanked Caden's parents and took Valia's contact and went home. The day was quite good for me.

I came home , took a shower and texted Caden goodnight. I told him I would so I had to. I dozed off with the phone in my hand.

I forgave him so easily, why?

Don't forget to vote and comment.

...