31 - Emotional Trauma

Start from the beginning

Jungkook pulled back, completely distancing himself from Jimin as the younger sobbed, instantly grabbing on to his shirt to try to cover himself. He wasn't angry, but he was terrified. He never thought that Jungkook would do this, but what more could he expect when the man was vile? 

The problem was that Jungkook had always been this way. Even with his sex workers, this was what he did to them. He just never expected to put Jimin through the same shit that his sex workers went through, but it's true what they say about old habits dying hard. 

Jungkook felt like the worst human being on earth, and even worse, looking at Jimin's terrified expression. 

However quickly as things moved, Jimin  immediately pulled himself away from Jungkook, creating a larger distance between the two. 

He sat up against the headboard of the bed, his legs curled into his chest as he wrapped his arms around his knees. 

Sobbing, his tears never left his face as he screwed his eyes shut. Jungkook, however, was mortified. 

"Jimin..." Jungkook felt too ashamed to even speak, let alone apologize. After all, what could an apology possibly do? 

But, he couldn't just ignore the situation at hand. He needed to fix it, because Jimin was never meant to experience something like this. 

"Baby... I'm so sorry-" Jungkook reached forward to touch Jimin, but the blonde instantly retreated further into the headboard which was impossible. A small yelp escaped his throat, trying to distance himself from the man who used to make him feel safe. Did Jimin feel safe with Jungkook anymore? 

"Jimin... Please... I didn't mean to..." Jungkook's eyes grew glossy as he watched Jimin tremble from the crying. As much as Jimin hated this feeling that burned in his body, he knew, somewhere in the back of his mind and deep in his heart, that Jungkook also needed help because Jimin wasn't the only one who was traumatized. 

Jungkook didn't even realize when he, too, began to cry. It was more of a natural reaction caused by seeing the love of his life in pain, and in terror. 

"Jimin... Please... I really didn't-" 

"Y-you didn't mean to?" Jimin asked a rhetorical question, clearly showing how Jungkook's words made no sense to him. Instead, Jungkook just kneeled on the bed before Jimin who was resting against the headboard, feeling completely shaken up. 

Jimin finally opened his bloodshot eyes, red from crying, as his gaze pierced Jungkook's soul. The older man immediately felt broken, the sight hurting him in ways he would have never imagined. 

He really didn't mean to go so far, and especially not with Jimin. 

"Jimin, baby... I-I know I went too far, but just hear me out," Jungkook began to whisper, his words aching even more as he spoke. The truth was, Jungkook had just as much damage done to him as the next person, and Jimin didn't deserve to experience what he just did, but Jungkook feels much worse. Jimin questioned his own trust towards Jungkook, but the older man questioned himself and whether he could be trusted again. 

Jimin's eyes held disbelief, but his heart yearned for the truth. He did love Jungkook, and he did feel safe around him. That part wouldn't change. Jungkook did stop his actions, albeit a bit delayed, but he realized somewhere that Jimin didn't deserve harassment. So, as grateful as Jimin was, he still wanted to know just what the fuck was going on in Jungkook's head.

"Say it..." Jimin whispered, his voice breaking due to his sobs that were slowly dying down.

Jungkook felt his heartbeat quicken, his mouth going dry as he continued to cry silently. He knew he had to say something, but he had no idea what to say.