Vol. 6, Ch. 13: The 'Heavy' Reunion

Volume 6's POV: Third Person POV

While Miyuki stood over the knocked out Light Guy, she would feel the gaze of someone from the corner of the bathroom. That gaze turned into a shriek, the student making a frantic flee down the hallway. Oh no, another chase! This time it was someone else fleeing than her, but at the glance of just who it happened to be, Miyuki found out that it was the  last person she would ever want to run away from her.

"M-Manaka! Wait!" Miyuki shouted, trying to catch up. "P-please! I-I can explain, please don't run!" she kept her pace down the hallways. "It's too dangerous if you go any further!" Miyuki warned, hoping that Manaka would hear her cries and slow down. Just what was she doing here? How did Manaka just so happen to be in the same bathroom she fought Itoh in? Why is she at school so early?

Manaka didn't want to listen, the fear in her heart was far overpowering her wishes to stay. Was that really Miyuki? What is a boy doing knocked out in the girl's bathroom? Did Miyuki do that? She had so many questions that it was impossible to think straight, so she just kept going down the hall and around the corner.

"M-Manaka, please... give me a chance!" Miyuki cried while she kept pushing herself to chase after her. Miyuki couldn't let someone who she's fighting for just run away from her like she was a monster! Miyuki hoped that Manaka was just confused and didn't think of her as crazy, but the longer they ran, the closer Sekken was to getting that idea in her head.

After crossing a few hallways, Manaka would begin to run out of breath, her pace slowing down to a jog. What was the point of running? Manaka held her chest and took a deep breath in, then exhaled. The thought came back to her: She needed to get help for that kid! With that thought in mind, she began to run again.

"C-Careful, Manaka! You're gonna run into that desk!" Miyuki called out. It was too late though, Manaka wasn't paying attention to the desk that was in the middle of the hallway. She ran right into it, the edge of the desk sinking into her gut and knocking the remaining wind out of her.

"Gaaagh- my gut instincts told me to run, but now they just say 'AAAAAHHHHH'" Manaka whined to herself, then sitting on the ground, and taking another deep breath. Miyuki was quick to catch up, and wasn't hesitant to check on her:
    "Manaka! Are you alright, there? W-why were you running from me?" Miyuki questioned.

"S-Sekken? Is that you?"

"Y-yeah? I-it's me!" ("Is she not convinced I am the same person? Oh no, how do I prove it?") she worried, noticing that doubt in her peer's voice.

"What happened in there? Why were you fighting a boy in the girl's bathroom?!" Manaka frantically asked, her mind struggling to connect the dots on how this awkward, vulnerable, and self-doubtful first year managed to get into another fight?  "Were you the one that started the fight with Seijo?!"

"Woah woah woah! Hey! NO! Of course not! I didn't start either of the fights! I was trying to run away but they locked me in! I've had tons of people trying to ruin my life this past week and I've been doing nothing but hanging on by a thread!" Miyuki exclaimed. Her heart sank at the thought that the only one she looked forward to talking to had a broken trust with her. Miyuki was wrong, she did have one thing left to lose. Even if it was a girl she just met, it was the only one she's met here who treated her like a human while Miyuki so selfishly acted like a robot to everyone else. "Please, let me explain my story!"

"O-okay... but this doesn't change why I am so confused!" Manaka shouted, then went quiet to listen to what Miyuki had to say to her. Miyuki would go on to summarize everything that happened to her that past week. From the day she met Erin Seijo, to the class after that first PE, to the next math class, to getting mugged at the front office, and then that set-up fight with Seijo. It took minutes to explain just the smallest incidents, but Miyuki was intent on making sure Manaka understood her point of view. After it was finally explained, Miyuki sighed and sat down too to give her legs a break.