CHAPTER 7: That was close

<Ran's POV>

- next day -

I went to Furinji Tech to see Safira to do my task. I don't want that horrible thing last night will happen again.

Ran: May I know where is Safira?

Gia: That's Ms. Furinji, you handsome man. She's not here. She attended an auction.

Ran: Ah okay. I'll just go back here next time.

Geez. What a bullshit day. I was about to go out but a man bumped on me and didn't apologize💢 and he went straight to Gia.

Gia: Oh Mr. Rei you're here. If you're looking for Ms. Furinji, she's not here.

Rei: Where is she?

Gia: At the Lei Feing hotel, she was invited for an auction.

Rei: I didn't know she is a fan of having an auction.

Gia: Hehe😅

Lei Feing hotel huh. Is that guy his husband? Ah no no. Safira is still a Miss. That's why they're calling her Ms. Furinji, but who is the father of her kids? I left the Furinji Tech and went to see Koko.

Koko: I got some initial information about Ms. Furinji. She's only 26 and she became the CEO of Furinji Tech right after her grandparents died 7 years ago.

Ran: So she became a CEO at the age of 19? Is that even possible?

Koko: She was just a temporary CEO at the age of 19 because she is still having her degree in college. She started working full-time as a CEO at the age of 23.

Ran: Is she married?

Koko: Nope. Why did you ask? Are you in to her?

Ran: What? No! It's just... I saw a man earlier named Rei. He was looking for Safira. Seems like they knew each other.

Koko: Rei? Hm. *taking a look with his files* I got no information about that Rei.

Ran: Also, you told me that Safira is just 26 right? How old are her kids?

Koko: Hmm. Her son is 10 and her daughter is 6.

Ran: Wait. Her eldest is 10? So she got pregnant at 16?

Koko: .... I guess?

Ran: ....

Koko: *checking his files* Uhm. We're wrong. Those kids are not hers.

Ran: What do you mean?

Koko: They're adopted.

Ran: Phew.

Koko: ....? Are you relieved that Safira is not married and doesn't have kids?

Ran: What? No!

Koko: You like her, don't ya?

Ran: Shut up or I'll kill you.

Koko: Pfft! 🤭 You like her, but you shouldn't.

Ran: I know right. ... Anyway, I think Gia knew something about Rei. We'll ask her.

Koko: Good idea.

Ran: But right now, why don't we check on Safira at Lei Feing hotel? She's attending an auction in there.

Koko: Ah yeah right. I've heard that there is an auction in that hotel. And guess what? We can easily blend ourselves to get in there.

Ran: ...

Koko: Their theme is masquerade.

Ran: ...

Koko: ...