✲ chapter two ✲

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" I say once I realized the situation I put myself in.

Nathan immediately puts a hand to his face and lifts his head up, blood seeping through his fingers.

OH MY SHIT, OH MY SHIT, OH MY SHIT, OH. MY. SHIT.

I instinctively press my hand against his to stop the flow of blood coming through the cracks of his fingers while my other hand rummages through my bag to find my little tissue pouch. He squinted his eyes closed and gave little groans of pain.

"Yes, I found it!" I relievingly say as I pull out the tissue and rapidly start pulling out fistfuls of tissues. I move his hand that's covering his nose and quickly replace it with the tissues so the blood flow doesn't get on his shirt. It was much like that scene in Indiana Jones where the artifact was placed on a trap so he replaced the artifact with a bag of sand so it won't trigger the trap. Except the trap was flowing blood but it was basically the same thing.

At this point Nathan still has his eyes closed and probably doesn't even know the person that pummeled his face, he's just accepting the help and probably wishing he wasn't experiencing this.

Spoiler alert, he really wishes he wasn't experiencing this.

"Ughhh, it hurts so bad." Nathan groans. He's had his head tilted up for a good three minutes trying to stop the blood flow, and thankfully it did. He finally opens his eyes and looks down, and we meet eye to eye. However, it wasn't the romantic eye to eye moment I was hoping for from before. It was really like my eyes are full of guilt and worry while his eyes were full of surprise.

"Charlie?" He says, looking at me with an incredulous look. "You're the one that obliterated my nose?"

"Uhh, sorry?" I genuinely didn't know what to say at this point, should have I said something like 'Sorry I broke your face, I was trying to steal back my sunglasses and thought I could get away with it?'

Yeah didn't think so.

"It's fine." He says crumpling up the tissue paper drenched in blood and tossing it in the nearest trash can. He might have said it's fine, but you could tell he said just cause he's a nice person and it's genetically embedded in him so that just make me feel 20 times worse.

"I'm seriously sorry Nathan," I say for the millionth time as I scan his face for any indication of pain or even anger.

His nose turns into a pinkish nose as if he just came in from the 20-degree weather outside. He kept on rubbing his nose up and down, which will most likely make his nose bleed again but who am I to judge, I'm not a doctor.

"It's fine, but I really gotta go." He grabs his bag and starts heading for the double grey doors. He sped walk to the doors and basically dashed to his car. Once he pulls out of the school parking lot I sigh exaggeratedly and put my sunglasses on my face. It's not like these are some Gucci or Chanel sunglasses, it's not even worth breaking Golden Boy's nose and have him bleed like a thirteen-year-old's first period.

I start heading out the same direction Nathan did and notice little dots of blood on the floor.

Ha, go figure, he really made his nose bleed again.

The prediction stands correct.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk

I'm a woman's man, no time to talk

Music loud and women warm, I've been kicked around