Chapter 1: Nandini

The cold breeze hits my cheeks as I walk out the airport, my cheeks and nose instantly feel cold and numb as I rub my hands together generating heat.

"It's so freaking cold!" Mukti speaks from beside him

"Right, I should've kept my jacket" alya adds.

"I got you alya, i checked the weather before leaving" I add and hand her one of my jackets, she takes it with a bright smile on her face.

Yes meet mukti and alya my cousins, my sisters, my best friend my everything. I could not imagine a day without both of them, Alya's father and mukti's mother and my father are all siblings so we grew up together since the day we were born. I went to kindergarten, school and now we completed our degree together same course by the way. When we were little we used to play doctors with each other, one of us would pretend to get hurt and others would try to treat them and since then we decided to become doctors, so here we are starting as interns.

"This is why I love Nandini more than you" alya pokes her tongue out at mukti

"You should've checked the weather then alya!" Mukti defends.

"Okay forget all this, where is Cabir?!" I ask looking around, Cabir is my elder brother he is only a year and a half elder than me so I guess since childhood I never called him 'bhai' although my dadu always told me to. Cabir is actually married, the first one from us cousins he is married to my bhabhi navya they have a really cute love story, childhood sweethearts to husband and wife. I know navya since childhood too, which is why I'm extremely close to her as well she is more like a mother to me.

"And abhimanyu?"

"And Dhruv?"

"Ooo since when did you and Dhruv—"

"We are just friends mukti" alya cuts her off.

She says they are friends but the tension between them is so strong, we all know Dhruv is head over heels for them and so is alya but none of them just want to make a move and keep denying the feelings they have for each other but occasionally flirt here and there. While mukti on the other side abhimanyu is actually her boyfriend, they started dating 4 years back and that's how alya actually met Dhruv, through abhimanyu. We've had a group since then i got two more brothers to handle after that.

"Haan Haan, and I'm the freaking queen of England" Mukti mocks her, I let out a chuckle seeing them. both of them are always fighting.

"But honestly I missed this place!" Mukti looks around smiling, I nod.

It's been 5 years almost since we came back to india, we have been doing our degree in London last time we came here was in cabirs wedding and that's about it. Yes Cabir, navya, abhimanyu and Dhruv used to come there to meet us occasionally like birthdays or some special events but other than that we were full focused on our studies which is why we are so close to becoming real doctors, just two more years. This has been my dream, and also my mumma's dream.

"And I missed you here babe" I hear abhimanyu's voice from a distant who instantly comes and places a kiss on muktis cheeks who makes an annoyed face. Mukti was like the other girls but not really, she sort of hated all this hugs and kisses she would only tolerate it from us and abhimanyu.

"Yeah right, our flight landed 1 hour back" Mukti rolls her eyes

Dhruv nervously went to alya and hugged her, while me I was just looking at both the cute couples admiring them. I know how much one missed another it was cute to see them finally being together without any long distance now.

"Hi nandu" abhimanyu walks over to me and gives me a hug, Dhruv comes and jumps on both of nearly squishing me both of them always do this.

"Aiiii stop I'm getting squished" I try to breath