🏵️Chapter 44🏵️: A drunk evening.

This chapter is dedicated to Flourishminji. My dear sister, for her support and her belief in me.  Always giving me a listening ear. The most understanding and beautiful sister I know. She's also a coming up writer, you can check out her works. Love you sissy❤️🤭❤️.

Warning: There might be a little mature content here but it wouldn't be too mature because I know that underaged readers wouldn't skip it. But for those that think kissing and swearing is mature, please skip it. Thanks ❤️.

{Justin's P.O.V}

    My eyes flew opened when my arm slid off the armchair. I must have dozed off while waiting for Nora to wake up. My palm wiped my face, hoping to wipe the sleep off my face through that. It didn't entirely work but I stood up hoping the sleep could totally go away. I looked at the bed Nora was laid to see how she's now doing but to my surprise, the bed was empty.  Her bed was unlaid, my laptop sitting on the bed and the drips connected to her body were disconnected, the oxygen mask laying carelessly on the bed too.

  I walked to the restroom and knocked on it, trying my best to be calm. "Nora?" I called but there was no answer. I knocked again "Nora?" Still no answer. "I'm coming in" I informed her before opening the door and barging in but she wasn't in there. I closed the restroom door and went back to her wardrobe to see if she was in anyway hiding there, but she wasn't. I checked under the duvet on the bed, but she wasn't there either.

I rushed to my phone and dialed her number but only heard the phone ringing from the other side of the medical room. She didn't take her phone with her.

  Where could she be? How far can an injured lady run? Did Dure come over to pick her up?... Where on Earth is she? Was she taken away while I was  asleep? Please, Nor, wherever you are, be safe. Please.

I ran out the door, rushing to see the nurse in charge of her, who seemed to be in a hurry to somewhere. I stopped the nurse adruptly by asking her before pulling her into a corner o the building "Did you see Nora?"

"No. She has been unconscious, but she regained conciousness this afternoon and she was sitting up in bed already. She should still be in there". The nurse replied.

"No. She's not in there. I don't know where she went to but she's gone". I informed her, blinking back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"I'm sorry about that Mr Justin but there are a lot of patients to attend to. We've done our best to save her, it's up to the patient to receive the treatment to the end or not". She replied but before walking away from me.

"How can you say that? Are you trying to insinuate that she left the hospital of her own free will?"

"That's most times the case. This hospital guarantees the safety of it's patients. So if there's anyone to blame for the disappearance of the patient, it's the patient. Now excuse me, Mr Justin, I have a report to give". The nurse replied skipping away in her short nurse gown.

Disappointment was an understatement. If there was any other feelings that could describe severe regrets, please do tell.

I ran out of the hospital as fast as I could, calling a taxi to pick me up. I couldn't drive right now, for fear of running into an accident while looking for Nora.

My brain flashed back to when I saw Dure come out of the villa with a murderous glare. I had actually followed Nora back home that day, for no actual reason, I wasn't just comfortable letting her go. At first, I thought it was my emotion being all over the place but in all I still decided to follow her. My suspicion was peaked when Dure came out of the villa with a bloodstain on his navy blue suit. I ran inside after he had drove off to look for Nora and I almost died when I saw a bloody view in the sitting room of the villa. I still feel the pain and worry I felt when I couldn't find her anywhere in the house. I was so scared that my palm were shaking and my head began to turn. I ran to the pool where I ha picked her up from the last time only to see her body, looking lifeless at the bottom of a pool.