🏵️Chapter 37🏵️: In-laws visit.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

    "Good morning, your highness". I heard Ciara say as she helped me sit up in bed, while Mary offered me a cup of Moringa tea and dropped it on the bedside.

Looking at the tea she offered, it cruelly reminded me I had a miscarriage four days ago. While I was pregnant, I dared not take the tea for any reason. Even the smell was enough to irritate me. But now, smelling it reminded me how much I loved moringa tea before pregnancy.

"Take this away, Mary. I don't want it". I ordered Mary before turning my look away from the tea. She understood what I meant and took the tray away without any delay.

"Princess, you're still in your youth. Another child will come. Trust me". Ciara tried to assure me and I nodded, trying my best to move on from it.

"Why didn't you sleep in your matrimonial bedroom, Princess? It took me a long while to find out which room you were in". Said Ciara, holding my two hands so lovingly and I couldn't help but smile.

"My husband's been busy these days, so he's been sleeping in the study. I can't sleep on my matrimonial bed alone cause of the size of the bed, so here I am. At Least, this room isn't too big and it isn't small either". I explained to her and she smiled, lovingly.

"Okay, Princess. You do know that you can talk to me at anytime and about anything, right?" She asked me, her eyes so eager for my reply.

"Yes darling. I know that". I told her. Before I noticed it, she hugged me. I didn't know what to do cause it was unexpected. I just smiled and let her hug me till she was ready to release me herself.  "You're more like an elder sister to me, Princess Eleanora and I'm so glad I met you". She whispered in my ear.

"Thanks?" I said unsure of how to respond to the situation.

She released me from her bear hug then looked at me with a smile.

"If I didn't understand that Princess was married,  I'd have thought you wanted to kiss the Princess, Ciara". I heard someone say from the door, as I turned around to see Kalia at the door.

"Maybe if I did, I'll get lucky and one day be as pretty as the Princess, then you'll be more jealous than you are now" Ciara replied her sister with a smirk on her face.

  "Who said I was jealous of you? Why would I be-"

"Of course you've always been jealous that's why-" The both of the them started arguing at the same time that I had to interrupt them and say "Enough!"

  "We're sorry, your highness"
"We're sorry, your highness". They apologized simultaneously.

"Love your sibling the way she is. No one is more prettier than the other. You're both special and unique in your own way. Let this be the last time I hear you both argue on this". I corrected them.

"Yes, your highness".

"Yes, your highness". They chorused.

"Now, I need to have a bath and take a walk round this estate to clear my head. Ciara, go and prepare the clothes I'd wear today and Kalia, go and prepare my bath or you ask Mary to do it. Mary's been the one making my bath water for me so she knows the exact temperature I want". I ordered them both. They nodded and walked out with a smile.

I stood up and walked towards the window, opening up the closed curtains myself. I watched as the sun shone brightly from its spot in the sky. At the same time I could see the birds, chirping happily and flying around freely. Nature was so beautiful with the sound of the waterfall from the distance.

One of these days, I'll visit that waterfall. I thought to myself as I played with my wedding ring which sat comfortably on my fingers.

Just then, my phone started buzzing. I walked up the bedstand and picked up the phone and saw the ID caller, Annabelle who I saved on my phone as 'bitchy cousin'. I picked the call and put the phone to my ear.