Lᴏᴠᴇ Lᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ 4

Dear Han Minyoung

December 27th, 2021

It's been so long. When I was finally allowed to read your letters, I was happy. I'm so sorry that I've abandoned you. I think of you often, almost every day.  I admit, that I do not think of you much. I do not miss you as much as you miss me. I am busy. Very busy. But my health is now well. I want to thank you for being such a good friend, and I'm happy to hear you're making friends. Winnie sounds like such an amazing person. I'm happy for you. For how good you're doing in life, for how amazing of a person that YOU are and have become. I'm sorry that I left you. I'll try to write to you. I miss you too. I love you. -Kth

P.S. I love the pictures you sent of yourself. You look great.

Author's POV

Minyoung walks to her mailbox to place in her fifth letter to Kim Taehyung. She walks without her usual bounce. She is feeling defeated, and alone. Pausing, she takes a breath and leans her head against the mailbox's door. She pulls away and opens the door.

"Oh, my God! I got a letter... it's from Tae," she squeals and sprints up the stairs and back into her apartment, running into Jinsoul as she leaves for another shift at her second job.

"Hey, watch it!" Jinsoul calls out to her.

"Sorry," Minyoung calls out as she runs to her bed and tears the envelope open.

Dear Han Minyoung

It's been so long...

By the time she is finished reading the letter, there are tears in her eyes.

"Thank you, Tae." she says to herself. Putting the letter back in the envelope, she places it in her nightstand drawer.

She spends the rest of her night hugging the pillow and reading and rereading the letter. In the morning, Winnie walks in and gives her a look as if to say, 'spill it.'

"Hey, bae," she says to the rocking Minyoung.

"Hi, Winnie. Guess what? Tae wrote me a letter back. He said he misses me, too. He says that he loves me, too. I just miss him so much." Her eyes start tearing up again and sipes her hand across them.

"That's great, I'm really happy for you" Winnie walks over and gives Minyoung a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks."

Over with Taehyung

"Hey, Yoongi!" Taehyung calls out.

"What!?!?"  (Imagine him whining, like, whaaaauut?)

"I got another letter from Minyoung," he says.

"Great," Yoongi rolls over on his side and closes his eyes.

Taehyung shrugs his shoulders and reads the fourth letter.