Lᴏᴠᴇ Lᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ 3

Dear Tae

December 13th, 2021 

I miss when we would hang out all of the time. I hang out with girls, now. It's not the same as hanging out with you, how you would let me do your hair, your nails. You would let me practice my makeup skills on you. The girls, Winnie Escarro, she's a foreign exchange student who I kept in contact with after school, she decided to stay in Korea, we are roommates. Oh Jinsoul, she's from my work. She lives with us, too. We all live together, it's fun. Like living in a dorm room. Like you do. Jinsoul is always busy with her boyfriend, so it's mostly Winnie and me. 

I hope that one day we can meet each others best friends. And we can all be one big friend group. That would be great, I guess I should find more friends, that way every guy can have a girl, and every girl can have a guy. We can do group things together, like travel, walk around like we own the world. Be best friends. All of us. Tight knit. We share everything with each other and trust they will not tell an outsider. Just us, that would be fourteen people. 

We could buy a big house together. seven rooms, three for the boys, three for the girls. One for us. Of course we would sleep in separate beds, it would bring me back to the days of our sleepovers. When we would stay up all night watching movies , from romance to horror, and eating the fried chicken your mom would get for us. Drinking all the melon water, screeching at the kissing scenes and covering our eyes when someone's guts eaten out by the zombies, or the suspense of knowing the killer, but the poor victim didn't.

Sometimes, I feel like the victim of a broken heart. You are the offender, I am the victim.

Winnie and I go out a lot. We hold hands and we kiss each other on the cheeks. People give us weird looks, that's why I kiss her, that's why I hold her hand. But I understand why she kisses me back, why she squeezes my hand. She's told me she likes girls. Just girls. She asked if that was bad. I told her no, then kissed her. She kissed me back. I felt alive in that moment. I guess I like girls, too.

We went out, to a coffee shop. We had fun, we went shopping, we walked around. She brought her polaroid camera with us. We had fun and took pictures of each other. I'll send you some with this letter.

I wonder if you are actually getting and reading these letters, or if you are throwing them away, or put in a discard pile. I wonder if you even want to read these letters. Or if you have the time. I'm sorry that I am sending you so many. I hope that you read them one day. 

I don't have much else to write about. Life is boring for me. I know that life must be exciting and exhilarating for you. Seeing so many people everyday. Being the center of attention. I guess I'll leave you with a goodbye, maybe I'll do something fun so I can write to you about it.

Kim Taehyung, I miss you. I love you.

Yours,

Han Minyoung

P.S. Here are the pictures of me.

 Here are the pictures of me