𝒕𝒆𝒏 | 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓

Start from the beginning

"Here" Bellatrix said as she gave them each a shot. Alecco and Cecilia were smart. They had already downed theirs as soon as it landed in their hands, and Cassie just laughed at them.

"Thanks aunt," she said and as she was about to down her shot, Narcissa came and snatched the small glass out of her hand.

"Mum!" she whined.

"No Cassiopeia. You shouldn't be having shots. You're 14!" Narcissa snapped.

"So?!" Narcissa raised a eyebrow that dared Cassie to challenge her. Cassie immediately shut up. "Are you going to tell father?" she asked apprehensively.

"Yes. And have you told your father about Ethan yet?" she asked, eyeing Ethan who was sitting at a table across the ballroom.

"No.." she mumbled but Narcissa heard her perfectly. She frowned and clicked the top of her mouth and put her hands on her hips.

"I guess I have a lot to talk to your father about then, don't I?" Cassie just nodded and looked down. As Narcissa stormed off to find Lucius, Cassie turned around to see Alecco and Cecilia laughing quietly.

"Oh shut it. She would have taken the shots from you guys as well, but you already drank them" she snapped as she rolled her eyes. They just laughed a louder so Cassie stood from the table and went to find Ethan.

She found him sitting with his best friend, Alexander Hornsby.

"Hey Alex! Hey Ethan!" She walked up to Ethan and kissed him twice on the lips.

"You two are disgusting. I'm going" Alexander said as he walked away.

Cassie chuckled. "Are you having fun?"

"It just got more fun with you here" he smirked.

"I know. I'm pretty fun, aren't I?" she said mockingly.

"That you are, princess" he said.

"Princess?" she raised an eyebrow, resembling her mother at that moment.

"Yeah, you're my princess" he smirked.

"That's so snobby, but whatever" she rolled her eyes. Ethan picked up his glass and took a sip. "Anyways, I think my mother is going to tell my father about us," she deadpanned.

Ethan spit his drink out. "She's what?"

"Calm down, it'll be fine. He'll probably just give us a speech on not doing anything we shouldn't, threatening you if you hurt me and get mad at me that I didn't tell him" Cassie reassured him.

"Okay, now I feel a lot better," he said sarcastically. "I might be a bit calmer if you kissed me" he smirked. Cassie just laughed and then kissed him on his cheek and then pecked his lips. "I feel a lot better now" he smiled and kissed her again as they interlocked their fingers into each other's, and walked out to the garden, away from the crowded ballroom.

⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞⌝⌟⌜⌞♧

Lucius sat at their assigned table, talking with the Minister until Narcissa walked up to the pair. She tried to look composed, but Lucius knew her better than that.

"Good evening Minister, could I please steal Lucius for a moment?"

"Narcissa! Yes, of course. I was just wrapping up the conversation anyways" he smiled. Narcissa nodded and took her husband's wrist and led him outside the ballroom and into the kitchen. She shooed away all the house-elves that were making the food for the ball and shut the door, putting on a silencing charm.

"Narcissa, is everything alright? You look angry. What happened?" Lucius asked, worriedly.

"No! Everything is not alright! I just found your daughter trying to down a shot of vodka!" she exclaimed.