"i grew up in seoul." jeno started, unsure of why he was even telling the older anything. for fuck's sake he should be beating him to death right now, not sharing his life story. nonetheless, he continued. "my parents were both well respected lawyers there. they even had a law firm of their own and all that legal shit or something— i don't know, i never really could make sense of it all." he chuckled a bit at his own words, realising how dumb he looked saying all that.

"you said they were lawyers? is that implying they aren't anymore or...", jeno's heart skipped a beat as he realised the older was actually listening to him. he stared at him for a while, quietly observing him. "jeno...?", the leader trailed off, breaking his small trance which caused the younger to rub his neck in embarassment as he quickly looked away.

"sorry, i just got distracted. and to answer your question, yeah. they used to be lawyers. until my dad decided he didn't love my mom anymore and opted to fuck some lousy defense attorney with big tits and a brain the size of an acorn.", the ravenette felt himself grow angry as he rambled on, venom lacing his voice as he decided to just say fuck it and let it out.

taeyong continued to just stare at him, sensing that the male was growing angrier by the second. he would be lying if he said he didn't like what he was seeing. if i could get him to direct that rage at the right people... "anyways, that asshole packed his bags and fucked off to france soon after— bringing his little cum dumpster along, of course." the younger continued, unaware that he just interrupted the leader's scheming. taeyong cleared his mind immediatly, going back to being an attentive listener.

"what about you and your mom?", the older spoke, clearing his throat as jeno redirected his attention at him. "i mean, how did you guys deal with that?", the ravenette stayed silent for a moment, seeming as though he was lost in thought. "well, everything went to shit basically. with dad gone, mom was left to the deal with the company all alone. she had to take care of me and yeeun as well and let's just say things weren't exactly peachy for us back then. not to mention my older brother who—"

as if the word 'brother' burned his tongue like scorching tea, jeno immediatly stopped talking. he felt his breathing pick up its pace again, lungs contracting and skin burning up. "what about your brother?" taeyong pushed, clearly unaware of the younger's pitiful state. jeno shook his head, closing his eyes to block out the other's face. "i don't- i shouldn't—" it was as if he forgot how to breathe again, like his brother's heavy boot was on top of his chest again.

it was as if he was there again.

it didn't take long for jeno to realise he was having another panic attack.

but all taeyong could see was opportunity. a chance to finally ask the question he'd been wanting to ask ever since the younger set foot inside his quarters.

"what happened to your brother, jeno? what are you so afraid of, tell me!" he pressed, uncaring whether or not he was pushing too hard. jeno felt tears spill down his cheeks, covering his ears like that same, weak five year old kid he once was. the kid he never really stopped being, deep down. "FUCKING SPEAK!" at this point, jeno was full on crying and shaking as the leader grabbed his wrists and removed them from his ears. taeyong continued to scream at him, urging him to finish his story no matter what.

and he would have gotten what he wanted.

he would have gotten his answer.

if winwin didn't walk into the room right then and there to stop him.

"hey, jeno, i didn't know which flavour of ice cream you liked so i just bought— boss, what are you— OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE CRYING?!" winwin practically shouted as he ran towards the pair, franctically begging the leader to stop whatever he was doing as he attempted to pull him back. "BACK OFF!", taeyong spat, pushing the doctor off him as he continued to shake jeno back and forth to try and reason with him.