13. Anchors

It was white, everything

It was white, everything. Again. I sat up, looking around the now very familiar room as he stepped out, blood dripping from his lips. Klaus Mikealson. Though he was less aggressive now, he stepped towards me slowly, taking ahold of my hand as he lead me to the end of the room, pushing open the door.

It was the morgue, it was cold and dark, there was dirt everywhere. Icicles hung from the roof. There were desks toppled over, doors that lead to the bodies had been thrown open.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Klaus nodding towards the door. The one door that was still closed. Warily, I reached out for it, pulling it open. My mind could barely keep up with my body because before I knew it I was crawling through it, the door slamming shut behind me as I stopped, there was nowhere to go. I flipped over so I was lying on my back as I began to kick the door, trying to open it with the force but it wouldn't. Nothing was working. I cried out for help, but nobody responded. "Klaus! Klaus help! Please, please, I'm begging you. Get me out!" My throat began to close up as I shut my eyes tightly, the walls were closing in.

And then I felt myself fall, landing with a harsh thud on the ground. My eyes opened, and my brows pinched together, I was in the woods. Propping myself up on my elbows, I realised I wasn't on the ground. The nemeton.

It's a dream. It's just a dream, nothing more. It's meaningless. I need to get out. I need to go home. I need to leave. It's just a dream, nothing more.

I sat up, looking around. She sat on the ground, a baby boy and baby girl weeping in her arms as tears streamed down her cheeks. Her back up against the roots of the nemeton as she sobbed. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you" She whispered, leaning down to the two newborns. "But, if I keep you with me, neither of you can live. Not really"

The woman stood up, her long, dark dress was torn up and covered in dirt as she walks to the edge of the woods, where a young man stood waiting by a car.

"It's for the best, Rosalie" The man spoke, stepping towards the woman who had stepped back hesitantly.

"You promise she'll be safe?" The woman asked, her voice could barely be heard.

"I promise. She'll be in good hands. I'll make sure of it"

"My dear, I'm sorry we had such little time" The woman smiled sadly, speaking quietly into the child's ear before she slowly handed the baby girl over to the man, who took her in his arms and stared down at her.

I stepped backwards, my lips parting open as I watched the man drive away with the child, the woman fell to her knees in sobs as she held the boy in her arms.

And then I was being dragged backwards, further and further into the woods. The Alpha biting into my skin and I was thrown across the small clearing and into a tree. And it began lashing its claws at me as I screamed and cried for help. The faint sound of someone calling my name in the distance finally sounded.
———