10.Co-Captians and Corpses

My eyes grew wide as I shot straight up hitting my head of a cold metal roof. It was dark, small and tightly closed. I was laid back with a white sheet across my body. There was hatch at my feet. I began to kick and scream and thrash about as much as I could. I was in a panic. I was starving and thirsty and my heart was racing a million miles an hour. Finally the door kicked open as I escaped the freezing enclosed space. My eyes searched around my surroundings studying everything closely. I was in a hospital. Not only a hospital. I was in the morgue. A nurse then ran in throwing the door open as I jumped back.

"Get away from me!" I screamed at her. I felt my back press against the wall as I slid down clutching the sides of my heads bring my knees up to my chest. I was scared. Memories came back to me. I had died. I was scratched to pieces so I would bleed out. And i did after I was hung on the school wall. Tears now streamed down my cheeks as the lady was now accompanied by several doctors and nurses all curious as to how I had dodged death but each time they came near me I would shout or throw something at them. And that was when Mellisa came in. She froze as she stood staring at the pale, drained, frightened, weak girl who she had always known as myself, Daniella Whittemore. Well to me that was my name. But from that moment onwards, I had become the girl who rose from the dead. Surely enough, several reporters and cameras were dashing through the halls trying to get a glimpse of me but I refused to see anybody other than Mellisa. She had shown me to a private room where I could stay uninterrupted by other people in a ward while she attaches the monitors to me.She then left me in peace while I stared at the wall.

"You must be starved" She said as she passed me a bowl of pasta and a glass of apple juice. She gave me a smile as she sat down beside me on the hospital bed. "Your favourites"

I smiled weakly back at her staring down at the food but then she handed me a few small tablets."Might help with that headache your having" I took the tablets and swallowed them quickly. As I dug into my pasta. I'd been dead for days apparently. There had been no signs of life or brain activity I had just been plain dead. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked me softly.I shook my head. Death hadn't been fun. It wasn't what I had thought it would be. In fact I'm not sure I believed I was dead. The whole time I had strange flashbacks making no sense to me. They weren't things I remembered at all. She stood up and patted my shoulder. "Your parents are outside with Jackson. I'll go tell them it's okay to come in." She said as she shut the door. Soon enough my family all ran through the door. Jackson, who stood in his lacrosse kit with a red face followed slightly behind as he froze in the doorway as though he wasn't staring at his sister. Just a mere corpse. My Parents however showered me with hugs as tears of joy rolled down their cheeks. Jackson then made his way over to me giving me a hug, still not saying anything.

"Are you okay? Are you feeling sick? Do you need sleep?Food?Water?Anything?" My mother questioned quickly as she grabbed a blanket from her bag. "Oh you must be freezing"

"Mum I'm fine, just a headache" I told her. She looked at me and cupped my cheek in her hand.

"I'm so glad your okay honey" She smiled.

"We all are" My dad added from the seat on the other side of the room. Jackson nodded at me as he continued to stare at me deep in thought. "There's reporters outside. They all want to talk to you"

"No" I deadpanned.

"Come on sweetie just think about it, you went through a lot you deserve some recognition for it.I'm not forcing you but might be an idea"  He continued. Of course he wanted me to.

"Dad I just came back from the freaking after life I don't feel like talking about the experience"

"Just one interview will make them go away"