6.Motel California

this is of course motel california therefore this episode will include suicide attempts and mention of it

"Dani?"

"Blaze, what's up?" I asked over the phone as Isaac slept in the seat beside me, we'd been driving for hours and it was starting to get dark. Some of the others had dozed off too as I talked quietly to Blaze.

"Ennis, he's dead"

"Yeah I was there when he died?" I asked confused as I glanced behind me at my friends who were spread out among the bus. "Unless...wait so that was why Ethan kept checking his phone" I realised.

"I'm gonna act like I have a clue what you're on about but me, Cora and Peter went to the clinic but they were there. All of them. Deucalion included. The lady, Kali, she was screaming but not in physical pain. Dani he died in the clinic"

"So that could mean..."

"That could mean Derek is alive. Could. We're still working on it, just don't mention it to the others, kay? I don't want their hopes up"

"I won't say anything, just keep me updated" I said as Isaac shifted in his sleep as I shot a glance his way. "Wait, you've been with Cora and Peter all day? What about Chris?"

"Let's just say the guys not the happiest at the moment considering Allison's out there. Not to mention you aswell but he knows you can defend yourself properly. Besides, Peter probably isn't the best person to be stuck with when you're grieving so I figured Cora could use a bit of emotional support"

"You and Cora, huh?"

"What? Dani there is no me and Cora. I'm just being there for her considering her brother just died right in front of her" Faint voices could be heard from his side of the phone in the background as he sighed, "Look, just be careful okay? I'll see you when you're back"

"Hey Blaze? Before you go, happy birthday" I said through a small smile.

"Dani you already told me that this morning before you left. 3 times if I remember correctly"

"Well make it 4, I've got to go. Later loser" I said as I hung up the phone, noticing the bus was coming to a stop as I looked to the side to see Isaac, I couldn't decide wether to wake him up or just let him sleep, he didn't look half bad during his slumber. I resulted in nudging Isaac beside me to wake him up, although he looked pretty peaceful in his sleep seeing as we would need to be awake soon.

"Hm?" He hummed tiredly as he rubbed his eyes.

"We're stopping for the night" I told him as he sat up and looked out of the window.

"Motel California" He read off the glowing sign. "Glen Capri"

"Home sweet home, for the night anyway"  I added as I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder. The two of us making our way down the isle of the bus. As I stepped out the bus, the wind blew in my face as I blew a stray strand of hair out of my face after glaring at it for a couple seconds, but it simply fell back into place.