3. Fireflies

"Is it really too much to ask for me to have one semi-freaking-normal night where I can stay home and watch gossip girl?" I asked Scott and Blaze over the phone

"Apparently so" Blaze spoke up from the other end of the line.

"We lost them" Scott added.

"You what!?" I asked loudly.

"You lost them?" Derek questioned frustratedly from beside me.

"Yeah. I kind of had to" The boy reasoned.

Derek and I stood in silence as we looked around us for a moment.

"Wasn't exactly the plan" The alpha responded eventually.

"I know. Which is why I think we should stick together, trust me. He's too strong, too fast, and way too angry for one person to handle" Scott warned.

"Yeah it's like Dani when Chris forgets to buy vanilla ice cream" Blaze added.

"Not the time" I deadpanned, "But damn, that really is a hard time for me"

"Wait vanilla? Why not chocolate or strawberry or something with an actual flavour?" Scott queried.

I gasped in disappointment. "Excuse you. I expected better from you McCall. Vanilla is in fact a flavour and is much better than any-"

"Back to the subject and problem at hand" Derek muttered.

"Right...We gotta do this together" Scott told him.

"Look we're at the trails by the entrance to the preserve. Can you meet us here?" Derek asked quickly.

"Yeah. Just got to drop something off first"

"By that he means two random kids" Blaze added before they hung up.
———

"So, Cora. She's your sister?" I asked Derek as we waited in the woods for the other two. Derek remained silent, ignoring me.

"Hello? Earth to Derek?" I continued as I snapped my fingers in front of his face causing him to blink.

"I thought she died in the fire" Derek answered. "I guess not"

"So what're you going to do about her once we find her?" I crossed my arms.

"I don't know" He told me.

"You don't know much, do you?"

"Shut up"

"What're you gonna do? Flash your red eyes at me and expect me to be quiet? Not gonna work on me. You may be an alpha but you're most certainly not mine, I'm a vampire, I don't need an alpha. Sort of a lonesome supernatural creature. Luckily enough, I don't need to follow your rules cause if I did I would probably be dead by now" I sneered.

"If you don't shut up, I'm gonna smash your head against a tree" He threatened as I grinned at him.

"I'd do that happily by myself. It's this thing called supernatural-miraculous-healing" I told him.