4. Unleashed

"He disappeared?" I questioned over the phone to Scott as I continued flicking through the pages of my chemistry textbook

"Well him and his dog were at the vet clinic and after they left, the dog came running back but the guy was nowhere to be seen"

"And this concerns me how?"

"I didn't know who else to call, I'll tell Stiles about it tomorrow"

"You think he's a sacrifice?"

"Maybe...I don't know"

"Look I've gotta get this essay done tonight or Harris will have my head, but I'm sure everything's fine. Well, probably not. I mean this is Beacon Hills and like, everything that happens around here nowadays is bad so-"

"Thanks for the optimism there Dani, really needed that" Scott told me in a dull tone.

"Look I'll catch you later. Just don't stress over it too much, I'll see you tomorrow" And with that, I hung up as I placed my phone down and continued writing and flicking through the textbook.
———

I shrugged on my gym kit while a girl, Sydney, began talking to me about how she dreaded cross-country as I stood up from tying my laces. "Relax, it's fine. Nobody likes it" I laughed as I patted her on the back.

Once everybody was outside, someone appeared at my side as I glanced over to see Aiden Steiner. I couldn't explain how, or what it felt like, but the minute his presence was near me, a strange feeling washed over me. It wasn't an emotion of the sorts, just strange.

"Sorry, can I help you?" I asked.

"Not really, I just wanted to say hi" He laughed as I gave him a small smile. "I don't really know many people yet if you couldn't tell"

"One of the pains of being a new student I suppose, I'd hate it" I told him.

"You lived here your whole life?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Pretty much, I moved here when I was 3" I shrugged as the two of us walked side by side.

"Really? You've never wanted to leave?"

I came to a stop as I turned to face him, "I never said I didn't want to leave, I just haven't. My family moved to London a while ago but I stayed"

"Why didn't you go with them?"

"Well I found out I was adopted, I didn't want to just up and leave. I chose to stay with my biological family, the Argents. Plus I found out I had a twin brother so there was that" I informed him.