"Yeah, I thought so too. There's this old Ford and Chevy truck back at the dealer."

"Your father really wanted one to drive everyday. I can't believe how smooth this drives." She looks around some more, and points at the lever next to my leg.

"What's that, there?" She was curious.

"Please, mom. I'm trying to drive. You know how much you don't like me to take my eyes off the road."

"I'm just wondering what that thing does." I quickly gaze at the lever... I forget they never had a four-wheel drive vehicle before, and this is their first. When it snows pretty good here, my dad stays at a motel below, to wait it out. He's never bought a 4x4 before, either, and says it's never worth it.

"It's a 4x4 shift."

"Okay." was all she said, and returned back to looking at the road. "At least it's nice this truck has two airbags." Compared to Elias' Yukon, or even Ryo's Suburban, this was a bit hard for my mom to look over the dash, since this one was a bit taller than those two. Especially the passenger side. Or my dad's Ford, or even the Chevy that we just replaced. 

I think, out of all those, my dad's 2008 Ford had the nicer interior, even though it's pretty utilitarian, has a stick shift, rubber flooring instead of carpet, driver's seat that saw a lot of use, and it's missing both its mirror on the top of the windshield, and the driver handle. And there's no radio in it, but he was content with it, anyway. 

Even though pieces of the center dash were broken and wires had been cut...

And the passenger door panel felt loose, and when I closed it, it made this ugly rattling noise somewhere in the bottom of the door...

My dad wanted Rae to look at it sometime...

I think he overpaid for the truck. Even my mom agreed. 

I also seemed to think he got cheated for the mileage... Even though it ran and drove perfect, like my truck.

My second favorite interior is Rae's '96 diesel Ram...

Despite never cleaning inside, somehow Rae's dash escaped the horror stories of the dreaded "cracked dash" stories and pictures on the Internet, and it was still in an immaculate shape for its age