11: Mom I'm In Love

Isla's POV:

After lunch, the time went fast and I am now heading home. While driving my car, (yes I have a car, that's my Christmas gift from my parents) all I could think about is Sam. On how she looks stunning as always and on what she said earlier. I really can't believe what she just said.

My journey home with Sam in my mind went so slow. And it makes even worts with the traffic.

Minutes later I arrived. I got out of my car and get inside the house. I headed to the living room and stop on my track when I saw a figure laying on the couch. I think it's sleeping. I walk slowly to the figure and sigh in relief when I saw my mom's face. But why's she here? She's supposed to be in her business trip.

She moved and open her eyes slowly. When she saw me, she gets up and hug me tightly.

" Mom.... Can't breathe"
"Sorry... But I really really miss you." She said and let go of me.
"I really really miss you too mom." I said and give her a warm hug. I pulled away and asked her.
" Don't get me wrong mom, I'm so happy that you're here, but aren't you supposed to be in your business trip?" I asked her curiously.
" Well,,, my secretary settled all my meetings well, and it all went perfectly." she said.
" And btw,,, I'm so curious about yesterday, what happened?" she asked in her caring tone.

We sat on the couch and I tell her everything about Sam and I.
" In short mom, I'm illegally in love with my teacher." I said trying to explain it to her.

My mom's jaw dropped and her face is so shocked. I feel so nervous especially with my mom's reaction.

"M-mo-m... Say so-some-thing, please." I said stuttering because of nervousness.
"Sorry sweetie, but did I heard it right? You're in love with your teacher?" She said unable to believe what she just heard.
"Yeah" I answered shortly.
"But you just met her, right?"  she asked.
"Yeah, but I can't help it mom. There's something in her that makes me feel comfortable, at the same time nervous, I don't know. It's just so weird. But mom,,, what should I do?" I said.
"Well,,, if you ask me I would say avoid her as far as you can. You said that she likes you, but she didn't say she loves you. In that case, if she really likes you, she will chase you. And if she didn't, then just let the universe do its job." She advised me.
"But mom,,, I can't avoid her. She's my teacher and not to mention, I have a detention with her." I said worriedly.
" If you're destined for each other, then you will be together. Remember that love will always find a way." She said with her wisdom words.
" Ok mom. Thanks for everything. Love you." I said.
"I'm always here sweetie, all you have to do is talk to me. Love you too." she said and give me a heartwarming hug.
" Now go to your room and take some rest. I'll call you if dinner is ready." she said and kiss my temple.

I go upstairs, take a shower and take a rest.