Shen Yu remembered when this happened in his previous life. At the time, he refused to accept the Zhenbei Marquis' blatantly eccentric decision. He hatched a plan to make Madam Ru's plot backfire. In the end, the person who entered the palace was his half-brother. But now Shen Yu was reborn....

The Zhenbei Marquis was still talking. The marquis knew how difficult it was for Shen Yu to accept his decision. It was true the emperor's inner courtyard was empty, but the emperor's mercurial temper and murderous nature were equally well-known. Shen Yu was the eldest di son of the marquis. If he didn't enter the harem, he had a bright future ahead of him. On the other hand, if he entered the palace he might have the emperor's favor all to himself, but no one really knew what the emperor was thinking.

After listening for a while, Shen Yu felt more and more bored. Did the Zhenbei Marquis really not understand how dangerous it was to enter the palace? No, he simply wasn't interested. Compared to the marquis' own future, what did he care about a son he hadn't paid attention to since childhood?

"I know," he interrupted the Zhenbei Marquis. "Father goes on and on just to convince me to obediently enter the palace. Fine, but I have a request."

The Zhenbei Marquis didn't think Shen Yu would give in so quickly. For a moment he was stunned. Finally he said, "Go ahead."

"One of the maids in my courtyard has dirty hands and feet. Since Father is here, why don't you handle it for me." Shen Yu was lying in bed, and his tone was cryptic.

"If there's a problem with your maid, just deal with it yourself. Why ask me to do it?" The Zhenbei Marquis didn't understand how the topic suddenly jumped to dealing with a servant girl. He was a little confused.

His eldest son had always been assertive and handled such things by himself. This was the first time he'd come to his father to help. For a moment, the marquis' mood was a little uncertain.

It involves Madam Ru. Of course you have to deal with it, Shen Yu thought to himself. Just because he chose to enter the palace in this life didn't mean he was going to ignore all the things Madam Ru and her son had done.

"Here is your medicine, young master." A servant boy came in.

The smell of the medicine filled the air. The Zhenbei Marquis frowned and stepped aside to let the boy bring the medicine to Shen Yu. "Take your medicine first. We'll talk about the rest later."

Shen Yu had been in poor health since childhood, and it was common for him to take medicine. When he smelled the medicine he accepted it without changing expression. He picked up the spoon and stirred it gently.

The Zhenbei Marquis frowned more tightly when he saw Shen Yu hold the medicine without drinking it. The marquis was about to say something, but Shen Yu put down his spoon.

The spoon rapped against the medicine bowl with a clear sound. Shen Yu's ice-cold voice sounded at the same time. "Bring in the people outside."

Two servant girls were brought in, and a servant boy was holding a medicine pot in his hand.

The Zhenbei Marquis didn't know what to think. "What's this about?"

"Father might as well ask them to tell you what they've done." He looked at the people kneeling on the floor with a half-smile.

The Zhenbei Marquis looked at the two servant girls. Both of them were young. The younger girl's face was full of confusion, while the expression on the other girl's face was a little intriguing.

It was fearful, stiff, and uncertain.

The Zhenbei Marquis' face turned serious. "Tell me, what did you do?"