05

—

Despair.

The only thing everyone in the room could now feel. The call to emergency services ended up unsuccessful because, as stated before, how do you convince someone that zombies had just turned up at the school.

What also didn't help was the fact that we were also what adults considered 'a bunch of teenagers who pull pranks a lot.' So it would have been very unlikely for the emergency services to believe us anyway.

Everyone was spilt up into separate parts of the room, all feeling sorry for themselves whilst thinking about any possible way to escape the situation we were now stuck in before a bloodcurdling scream shot through the school as the zombies seemed to be attracted to the direction from where the scream came from.

This caused many students to get up and walk to the doors and windows, trying to inspect why the zombies responded to the scream before we all heard Onjo speak, making us all turn to her.

"Are they coming?" The girl looked up at Cheongsan, the question making a few sigh.

"He said they'll come."  That was obviously a lie.

"Did they believe you?" Gyeongsu suddenly intercepted, having a small pause before talking again, "what if they think it's a prank call and don't come?" Though there was only the smallest amount of hope, after hearing that question many's faces were struck with the look of disappointment.

"Call again." Nayeon finally spoke up her voice raised a little before she began shouting, "Tell them to come quick!"

She was soon cut off when Jimin had told her to shut up in case the zombies come back.

Onjo was soon to speak again, "Give me that." Her fingers laced around the phone, pulling it out of Cheongsan's hands before typing in a number and walking over to the window, waiting for someone to answer.

Silence was the only noise evident in the room other than the quiet sounds of ringing as we all waited patiently to see who Onjo had called.

Finally someone had picked up the phone their voice seemed to echo throughout the room as everyone looked at each other in confusion.

"You've reached the fire department." Though everyone was confused as to why Onjo had called the fire department it was probably the least of our worries in the current moment of time.

"Hello," she paused a little, "Do you know Captain Nam Soju from Rescue Team One?" Then it hit me, she was calling for her father.