Lay - Pathcode

Yunnan, China - 22:12 

You were just finishing up your shift at your local restaurant. The place was nearing closing time, only you and a fellow co-worker were there, cleaning down the tables for tomorrow's use, washing all the dishes, checking the place for any lost things.

You looked over at your co-worker who was sitting at one of the tables, head in his hand.

"You should really go home." You spoke up, squinting at the table you were cleaning, because it was so dark and you couldn't see if you had cleaned it properly.

"I-I will," He stuttered, wincing slightly. "I think I'm coming down with something."

"Get some rest, Cho," You smiled at him, folding the damp cloth in your hands. "You need it."

"I will when my vision has cleared up," He sounded pained. "Kamsahamnida. For caring so much, ___."

"Gwenchanayo." You chuckled, turning your back on him and waltzing over to the door, marked 'STAFF ONLY', which lead to the kitchen. You pushed it open and walked over to the sinks, rinsing out the cloth under some hot water.

Suddenly, you heard a loud bang, signalling that the doors were open. Someone had come in, and you had no idea who.

"Uncle?" A strange voice called out into the dark and empty restaurant.

Uncle? You thought to yourself.

"Yixing?" You heard Cho counter ask.

Phew! Thank goodness it wasn't a murderer!

"You're here!" This Yixing boy replied, the sound of a chair moving.

You laid down the wet cloth on the counter beside you, wiping your hands dry on your apron and pushing open the door. Before you, Cho was sitting down, his head still laid on his hand, his nephew bent over in front of him, his hand on his uncle's arm, rubbing it consolingly. They were talking, but you couldn't quite hear.

You cleared your throat, watching the boy jump up and face you. On first sighting, he looked very cute. He had large eyes and dark, sweeping hair all up on his head. He was dressed casually, a jumper, jeans and a small, friendly smile.

"____-ah," Cho stood up, looking a little better. "Meet my nephew, Yixing."

Yixing gave him a look, his eyes rapidly darting over to you, giving you a welcoming feeling.

"N-Nice to meet you," Yixing stepped forward with his hand out, looking away slightly. "Just call me Lay."

"Lovely to meet you, Lay," You shook his hand firmly, yet not too hard. "I'm ___."

You both let go of each other's hand, just studying each other. He was very attractive, and you weren't quite sure where that gene had come from.

"Well," Cho sighed, rubbing his forehead. "I'm off. Thank you for coming by, Yixing. Just seeing you makes me feel better."

Lay, Yixing - whatever you wanted to call him - just laughed adorably, hugging his uncle.

——

"Is it okay if I stay here for a few minutes?" Lay asked sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

Cho had left the 2 of you alone in the restaurant, trusting you to lock up properly.

"Of course!" You smiled at him as he made his way to sit at an empty table, where the moonlight filtered in prettily from the window. "But I have to lock up soon, so you might not want to make yourself too at home."

"Don't worry, I won't," He laughed, pulling out a large, electronic tablet and pushing one of the ear-buds hanging by his neck into his ear. "I've just had these song lyrics in my head and I had to write them down."

"You write songs?"

"Yeah," He looked embarrassed.

"That's daebak!" You said with admiration, sitting across from him. "May I hear something?"

He stared at you with wide eyes, his cheeks colouring gently. You suddenly stood up and looked down with an embarrassed smile.

"Joesonghamnida." You bowed slightly.

"D-Don't worry," Lay stuttered, looking up at you with his dark, otherworldly eyes. "Honestly."

You gave him a small smile and walked to the kitchen, pushing open the door but stopping in the doorway, looking over your shoulder at him. He was writing something on his tablet, his pink tongue poking out of his soft lips. You chuckled and closed the door behind you, squealing when you knew it was shut.

He was so adorable!! How could someone get so cute?

You turned around and went up on your tip-toes, peeking through the round window built into the door.

Staring at him through the window, you sighed slightly, watching him stare intently at the screen of his device. Suddenly, you felt your smile dropping and your eyebrows furrowing.

Lay was wincing, looking at the screen weirdly. He looked up at the flickering light bulb above him, his eyebrows just as furrowed as yours.

Lay pulled out his ear-bud and threw his tablet across the table, a strange static covering the screen.

What was happening?

CRASH!! 

The light bulb had exploded!

He stood up, shocked. His chest was moving fast. He quickly ran around the table, heading for the exit. You pushed open the door and followed him, adrenaline pumping through your whole body.

He pushed his way out of the front doors, picking up his bicycle and riding off into the distance. You stopped as soon as you set foot outside, a small light on the floor catching your eye.

A flower was starting to stretch up, which made you blink way too many times. This afternoon, as you were making your way to the restaurant - that flower was dead.

You looked up, no sign of the boy anywhere.

Could he have been something to do with the light bulb? 

You shook your head and wandered back into the building, stumbling about a bit. What had just happened?

You stopped to lean on a table, when a glowing in the distance caught your eye. He left his tablet here.

You calmly approached it, picking it up and reading the words carefully:

" You are my sunshine

I NEED you

You are the ONE

You gently placed the tablet on the table and sat down, your legs too weak to hold up your body anymore.

"What is happening?"

~~~~

A/N: Well hello my cute, little, chocolate covered gummy bears!!

So! Since the whole 'Pathcode' teasers thing, I decided it would make a really cool imagine, but I just didn't know who's would fit best~!! I chose Lay's because it was in a restaurant and I thought it was an awesome idea, also, if you didn't guess, I made up the whole 'Uncle' thing to make it my own~ Also, I tried to attach a Pathcode picture of Lay, but for some reason it wouldn't work :((( so I just settled with this cute picture instead >> 

Anyway, I shall (hopefully) see you tomorrow!!

Saranghaeyooo~~ // Olivia-Nim <3