Kris - Airplanes

The whole car journey was silent. Both of you couldn't bear the thought of what was going to happen, so all you did was keep quiet and bask in the silence.

Kris gripped on the steering wheel a little tighter, glancing at the wing mirror for a second. His sorrowful eyes then settled back onto the road, watching the tarmac as it passed beneath you quickly. He awkwardly cleared his throat, making you hope he would break the unbearable silence that suffocated you, but nothing came out of his parted lips.

You looked away from his chiseled profile and stared out of the window, snuggling further into your cardigan. The frosty hills that grew high and tall were partly blocked out but bald trees, nothing but long, spidery twigs coming forth from all directions. The slowly rising sun cast a yellowy-salmon colour on the landscape around you, making the place a little more warm than it was. Cars raced past you, obviously having to be somewhere at 4:23 am.

You huffed softly, the movement of Kris catching the corner of your eye.

"Tired?" He asked, quickly looking at you, then fixing his gaze more importantly on the road.

"Mhm." You nodded, to sad to form any words.

He nodded back, biting his bottom lip and relaxing a little.

Kris seemed so tense this morning, probably because you were too. Kris had to go back to China for a few months for business reasons, and also to see his parents. He told you this a week ago and the days that followed were quiet and melancholic. You had a good cry about it the day after when he'd gone out with the boys, leaving you alone to think and indulge in tissues and chocolates.

You saw a sign whiz by, signalling that the next turn off in 400 yards would go to the airport. You swallowed the large lump in your throat and tried to calm your beating heart down.

It's OK, you said to yourself. It's only for a few months, he'll be back before you know it.

----

You helped Kris haul all his bags out of the boot of the car in silence, following him by his side to the entrance of the airport. You got closer to him when a cold gush of wind chilled you to your bones. He couldn't put his arm around you as he would've wanted, because he was pulling his suitcase along.

Once inside, you both stopped at the nearest cafe to have a hot drink and warm up. When Kris came over to you with a cup in each hand, he gave you a soft smile before sitting down and pushing your hot chocolate over to you.

"Gomawo." You mumbled with a delicate smile, picking it up and blowing onto the hot beverage to cool it down.

Kris only nodded, sipping on his coffee and staring out of the window beside your table. You looked at him, taking in every part of his face for one of the last times for a long time. His hair was perfectly messy, the way you liked it. You know you'd miss kissing his soft, pink lips, trailing down to his sharp, chiseled jawline. You'd definitely miss his smile whenever you did something adorable, you'd miss his long soft fingers running through your hair, you'd miss his long, warm hugs when he'd pick you up and you'd wrap your legs around his waist, clinging onto his neck. You were definitely going to miss the way he'd tease you about certain things; being small, singing in the shower loudly, when you go on your tiptoes to try and kiss him, but you still only reach his chin with your lips.

"Don't go." You broke the silence, making him turn to you.

He just looked at you like you were crazy - which you were.

"_-___," He stuttered, placing his coffee on the table. "I have to, you know that."

"I don't care," You stared at his dark, glistening eyes, wanting him to stay with all your heart. "Just, call up and say you can't go... Just don't leave me."

"Babe, it's not that easy-" He stretched his hand over that table to you.

"Jebal?" You whispered, stopping yourself from bringing on any tears.

He became speechless, looking at you with a confused expression. You placed your hand on his, rubbing it gently.

"I-I can't, you know I can't," He sat forward, his voice slowly getting quieter. "This is for the best, ____. I can't just drop everything, this is a chance for me to have another shot at my career. If you love me, you'll know how important this is to me and you'd let me do this."

You just sat there, biting the inside of your cheek and fighting the burning in your eyes. You realized how selfish you must've sounded and couldn't help but let a small tear fall down your cheek.

Kris pulled his other hand forward, delicately wiping the tear away with his thumb. You sighed, staring into his loving eyes.

"I know," You sniffed, putting on a sad smile, reassuring him you were OK. "I guess I just want you all to myself."

Kris giggled, pushing a few hairs back and away from you face. His touch made you numb, wanting that feeling to stay forever.

"I'll be home soon, okay?" Kris sadly smiled back. "It's not that long."

----

"This is it, huh?" You sniffled, hoping you wouldn't cry any more.

You'd spent that last half an hour sitting on Kris's lap, crying into his shoulder, begging him not to leave. You'd realized that you couldn't do anything about it, and you just had to let him go.

"Yeah." He sighed, standing in front of you and dropping his bags to hold both your hands.

You both stood there in the middle of the terminal, staring at each other, letting the busy world fuss past the both of you.

"I'm gonna miss you, Krissy-bear." You chuckled, stepping closer to him.

"Please don't call me that in public," He smiled down at you, intertwining his fingers with yours. "But I'm going to miss you to, Jagiya."

You quickly wrapped your arms around his waist, pulling him into a tight hug. You rested your head against his chest, feeling his arms wrap around you tightly and his heart beating steadily. His metronomical pulse eased you for the painful, empty car ride home.

After a few minutes of embracing each other, you let go of him, standing in front of him and placing your hands on his cheeks.

"Go on," You whispered. "You'll miss your flight."

Kris ignored your instructions to leave by bending down placing his lips on yours with force. He squeezed your waist tighter, deepening the kiss by moving his head slightly. Your heart soared, ramming itself against your rib cage repeatedly in an act to fly out. Your hands automatically traced the lines of your fingertips the last time you'd both kissed, going up into his hair and grabbing a small handful of his soft locks.

After a few seconds, you both parted for air, letting each other go. You stood there, staring at each other for a while.

"Now go!" You laughed, playfully hitting his chest.

"Alright!" Kris laughed, picking up his bags and turning around. "I love you~!"

"I love you more!" You yelled, watching him make his way over to the lady by a door, that dealt with all the tickets.

He reached the woman and gave her his ticket, turning around and looking at you. He kissed his fingers then blew it over to you, whilst you jokingly caught it in your hand. You both giggled from afar, happy to leave your last moment together a happy one.

He turned to the woman, taking his ticket and making his way through the door frame. He looked back one more time, smiling widely. You smiled back, wanting to capture this moment and not hurry into the future - alone.

"Don't worry," You whispered to yourself, watching the people around you. "He'll be back in no time."