twenty five

NICHOLE'S POV

it was the first cheer practice since the homecoming game and to say that we were rusty was an understatement.

"god you guys it's like we haven't cheered before get it together," wendy, our team captain exclaims.

"we haven't exactly been practicing so what do you expect," annie says under her breath clearly in an agitated state.

"you say something?" wendy eyes her and annie quickly shakes her head no.

"good because i thought you would want to demoted to the bottom of the pyramid," wendy sings-songs and i even shivered at the thought of having to be demoted.

annie gulps, "i didn't say anything."

wendy tightly smiles at her before announcing a 15 minute break.

everyone scatters to get water except for annie who says she has to take an "important call."

"she's been taking so many 'important calls' lately like who the fuck is she talking to," bebe laughs.

"a secret boyfriend maybe?" i say.

"doubt it annie hasn't dated anyone since craig i think she still lowkey likes him," jenny says.

"god you think?! that's so fucking funny considering how craig hates her guts," heidi laughs.

craig truly despises her and the fact that annie may think there's something there that can be rekindled is a joke.

he only has eyes for tweek, hopefully she can see that and pull herself together.

"someone needs to go see what she's doing," wendy suggests.

"like spying?" bebe says too fucking loudly and everyone shushes her.

"no bebe i just wanna see who she's talking to," wendy says.

so yes, spying.

"nose goes," lola says quickly but i didn't react to it until i see everyone having their fingers on their noses.

"damnit," i say. i could care less about annie's antics i only care about tweek and the plan we have to carry out this weekend not this shit.

i know i can't back out of it so i just make my way outside the gym to see annie standing in a corner with her back faced to me immersed in her conversation.

".....is this going to work though?" she asks quietly.

there was a pause, "i think we need to go bigger."

what the fuck is she talking about? what is she planning?

another pause, "i want that blonde spaz to suffer for all the shit he's caused me and craig."

my jaw dropped so hard it could've hit the floor.

she wants WHO to suffer?!

there's no way.

"i swear to god you sound like you're in love with him chris jesus christ," annie adds on and i have to cover my mouth to keep myself from making a sound because i literally wanted to scream on the top of my lungs.

i had to get out of there.

i ran to the nearest restroom instead of going back to the gym because the girls would have just bombarded me with questions and i'm not in the right headspace for that right now.

annie is helping them with the plan.

which explains why chris suddenly deleted the picture because annie must have found out that we knew.

"literally what the fuck," i say holding my head in realization.

she's the rat and it's obvious she's doing this out of spite because she absolutely despises tweek.

she's helping them humiliate tweek this weekend.

i wanted to pounce on that bitch but a lightbulb went off inside my head.

i need to use her in every advantage that i can so that means she can't know that i know.

we don't even know where all of this is taking place so if i can eavesdrop as much as i can until saturday then that would be great.

i just have to let the gang know....discretely.

if that bitch is gonna spy on us, two can play at that game.

after a minute of that breather i decide to leave the restroom to find annie getting off the phone coming face to face with me.

i gulp and have to think fast, "i swear wendy's practices are gonna make me piss myself."

great thinking nichole so great.

annie just looks at me disgustingly without saying a word and re-enters the gym.

"piss myself?!" i whisper cringing to myself.

CRAIG'S POV

i got home from practice not too long ago and my mother made me take a shower immediately before dinner which made me a little confused.

she was also setting up the dinner table that we normally don't sit at only for special occasions.

i couldn't help but reminisce when we used that table for the dinner my family had with the tweak's after they moved in.

a sad smile came to my lips, before all of this happened and before my parents had this grudge against tweek's and we were all just good friends.

sometimes i wish tweek and i would have just kept it a secret a little while longer just to see our parents get along until we graduated high school but it didn't happen.

tweek didn't like the idea of us being a secret, he would say our relationship would've felt fake.

and now we're not even in a relationship at all.

i cringed at that thought, way to make a nice memory end up horribly.

i got out the shower and put on something somewhat presentable and i could hear my parents talking with some other voices from downstairs.

who the hell is in our house?

i walk slowly and surely down the stairs for a nightmare to be unfolded.

"no fucking way," i say in disbelief.

"CRAIG TUCKER! that is no language we use in our house and in front of our lovely guests," my mom scolds, "say hello to the nelson's you know them very well including their daughter annie."

"....hello," that felt like fucking acid on my tongue.

"craig it's great to see you again son," mr. nelson reaches to grab my hand and it took all the energy i had plus a miracle for me to legit lift my hand and shake back.

"yeah we decided it would be nice to have a dinner like old times and have you and annie catch up on things," my dad says coming up besides me putting his hand on my shoulder.

"and you better be nice," my dad whispers only for me to hear.

that sounded like a threat honestly.

i just looked at him with cold eyes without a word.

if i don't have anything nice to say i just will not speak at all then.

i look at annie who looks so different, clearly putting effort into the way she looks and it made me scoff.

she can't be serious, thinking this will swing me into wanting her.

"craigey," she says coming up to me in an annoyingly high-pitched tone, "it's been a while. let's catch up shall we?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

annie in craig's house WEEE WOOOO WEEE OOOOOOO

-brooke