Chapter 1 - Bodyguard & Maid

Start from the beginning

"That must be your class" Shadow pointed to another building not far from where we are.

"Oh you're right! Let's get a closer look!" I skipped my way there, Shadow casually walk behind me and followed me.

The building is pretty nice, it's very modern and prestigious. This place really lives up to its reputation! There's a path that leads right behind the building, it was a nice view of a small forest, must be to keep the area with fresh air. My ears perked when I saw two other Mobians right in front of me, a maid and his master it seems.

"Hi there!" Without thinking I greet them.

The taller one looked at me and smiled, "hey" he simply answered.

"Are you in the business major? Are you a first-semester?" I asked.

"Actually, yes" he nodded, "wait are you in the same major as me?"

"Yeah! I actually just got here and wanted to do a little tour of the place!"

"Oh that's nice, I guess that means I have someone I know in class on the first day of class tomorrow" he chuckled, "I'm Mephiles, this is my maid, Silver"

"I'm Sonic, this is my bodyguard, Shadow!" We both introduced ourselves and our servants to each other.

Silver and Shadow only stared at each other without saying a word, then Silver nodded his head at him as Shadow did the same to return the polite gesture.

"So, Mephiles, which high school did you go to?"

I started questioning him as if we're already long-time friends. But he kept answering my questions and I was happy about it! Of course I also answered back some questions he threw at me, it'd be unfair if I didn't. We continued to walk around the campus while chatting, it might even be possible that both of us are already close friends! I can't wait to start the semester with him, it's gonna be exciting.

"Master, your online appointment is in thirty minutes" Silver stated as he checked the tablet that he brought since the beginning.

"Can't I just-"

"No more delays! I already cancelled two of them yesterday because you were busy packing to move here!"

I was actually surprised that the maid was nagging him, that's the first time ever. Mephiles facepalmed and groaned.

"Fine, guess I'm off for today. It was nice meeting you, Sonic" Mephiles smiled and held his hand out.

I smiled back and took his hand, "my pleasure! Guess I'll see you tomorrow, Mephiles"

And with that, they were off to go back to their house as I was on my way back to mine.

"What do you think of Silver?" I turned my head to see Shadow and asked him.

"He seems to be proffesional with his job, keeping track of his master's schedules and such" he said and suddenly smirked, "though I think your parents will be very happy to hear that your first friend is a guy"

I blushed and smacked his arm, "don't ever tell my parents about him! He's just a friend!" I pouted.

"Yes, of course" Shadow nodded with a chuckle.

I can't believe he had the nerve to say that. He just doesn't know that I'm actually crushing on him for years, but that obviously would make my parents go crazy if they find out I wanna marry my bodyguard. They'd fire Shadow for sure and I don't want that.

All I'm hoping for is that they won't set up an arranged marriage for me, I don't ever want to marry some random Mobian just for the sake of the family business. No way in hell!

But, as much as I hate the thought of being hooked up with a stranger, for now I need to focus on my education and be really good at it to not disappoint my parents.