> [chapter 23] <

___

"Did you perhaps..." Y/n paused. "Had a crush on me before I met you?"

This thought had repeated in Camilo's head. It had struck him. He never thought she'd get it so fast.

"Aha... Heh..." He blushed as he nervously diverted his gaze to the ingredients he was cutting just earlier. "We'll be late for dinner!" He changed the topic as he rushed to the chopping board. "We should hurry."

Y/n narrowed her eyes at him as her heart pounded.

He didn't deny it.

But...

How many years exactly did he like me?

This explains his flirty demeanor.

He was actually showing affection.

Y/n blushed at her own thoughts as she quietly seasoned the food. An awkward silence filled the kitchen walls.

It was so silent to the point that she can hear her own breathing other than the food boiling.

Camilo suddenly cleared his throat, getting y/n's attention.

"Yes, yes I did." Camilo confessed as he gulped. "I liked you before you got to know me."

"Wait no, I like you until now so scratch the past tense." He corrected. "Wait I mean- love- I- no- I mean- I love you... until now." He quickly said as he laughed nervously at his mistakes while y/n couldn't help but smile.

"You..." Y/n paused as she put some vegetables on the food. "You first saw me at the bar?" She asked.

"Mhm..." Camilo replied. "I saw you with... him... On that night." He bitterly said, promising to himself to never make his name come out of his mouth again.

"I saw him see the drink get spiked that day. And yet, he didn't even bother stopping the man as if, he never cared for you at all."

"Not until I came in the scene and confronted the man about it. I had to walk you home instead." Camilo smiled. "You told me your address so recklessly."

"I didn't understand why you liked him not until I heard your point of view."

"It saddens me that he took credit of my work."

"Oh and... I felt weird feelings for you that time."

"But I didn't bother it not until I saw your parents 5 years later, giving me an offer to marry you."

"They told me you were with him and I had a strong feeling that he was up to no good." He clicked his tongue. "I don't know why but I agreed to marry you immediately when I saw your picture..."

"I invaded your life and came in selfishly and unwelcomed, and I'm sorry for that." He looked down.

"...I love you, even if it feels impossible that you'd love me back."

Y/n never looked away from the food as she secretly smiled, still remaining silent until she finished cooking.

"Y/n! It smells so good! Thanks for giving me a break." Julieta came in the kitchen.

"Oh?" She paused as she saw Camilo also in the kitchen. "Did he offer to help?" She asked as y/n nodded.

"Yep, and dinner's ready." She smiled as she put a pot of soup in right in the middle of the dining table.

Camilo then helped serve the plates, giving y/n some glances every once and a while, wondering why she remained silent after he told her everything.

It made Camilo's worry grow bigger and bigger. Thinking that he maybe said the wrong thing or maybe he angered y/n. It made him guilty of himself.

He glanced at y/n, who was now beside him and Mirabel, laughing at Mirabel's joking remarks which made Camilo sigh in relief as they ate.

__

Camilo awkwardly looked at y/n, then back to the ceiling. She was silently reading her fictional books, laying belly down.

"Y-y/n." He called to her as he stuttered.

"Hm?" Y/n turned to him.

"Did... Did I say something wrong earlier?" He looked at her with worry.

"..."

"..."

"Yes." Y/n frowned which made Camilo's heart drop not until he saw y/n smile again.

"Who said you were unwelcomed in my life?" She said with a cheeky smile as Camilo threw a pillow at her.

"Don't scare me like that!" He frowned. "Wait... What do you mean by that?" He looked at her with a confused look as y/n chuckled.

"Guess." She leaned over to him, smiling as he blushed profusely.

"Since when did you get this playful?" Camilo looked away, covering his face with a pillow while y/n laughed harder.

"Geez, you make me laugh." Y/n wiped an imaginary tear from her eye.

Y/n stood up and went to the mirror.

"I love you, even if it feels impossible that you'd love me back." She mocked, as she giggle slightly while Camilo threw another pillow at her.

She had basically taken revenge of what Camilo had done to her.

"Oh how I wish I'd have a shapeshifting ability to see your face while you said that. Unfortunate that I didn't see a single glimpse of that face when you did." She smirked, satisfied at the now dumbfounded Camilo covering half of his face with a pillow.

"I never knew you had a side like this..." Camilo said in a muffled voice as y/n chuckled slightly.

"Well, you learn new things everyday..." She said as she sat beside him.

"Here's another new thing..."

"I love you too."

__
FOR THE PPL WHO DIDNT SEE MY ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE MESSAGE BOARD

I AM SO SORRY FOR MAKING YALL WAIT LMAO, I AHD EXAMS TO DO 😟😟

I FAILED 2 OF THEM (MATH AND HISTORY JSIAAN) #SLAYEDPURR #GIRLBOSS

CANT WAIT FOR MY MOTHER'S SLIPPERS/HANGER/BELT/WOODEN STICK TO BEAT ME IN THE ASS 🤩🤩🤞🤞

And yes yall switched places with camilo, let him have his y/n moment too 😩😩