> [chapter 3] <

----

"Camilo announced that both of you will be married next week!" M/n said happily.

"What?!" Y/n said in shock. "Is it even necessary to rush things like that?!"

"Well, he wanted that to happen and I don't really mind so I agreed immediately." M/n said smiling.

"You didn't atleast told him to have a conversation with me about it?!" Y/n asked.

"I didn't think it would bother you since you like him now, right?"

"Of course it will bother me mama! Its marriage! It is something serious and something to be talked about! Its not just something that you can do immediately!" Y/n whined.

"You can always talk about it with Camilo, y/n. But I don't think he has time for today since he keeps entertaining people in the town." M/n sighed.

This is why I don't wanna marry him.

__

"Camilo, you have time?" Y/n said tapping the back of his shoulder.

"My, My, Amor~ I never knew you could ever start a conversation with me!" He laughed.

"I'm not doing this for fun, Camilo, this is something important!" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows.

"Is this about the marriage we're having next week?" Camilo frowned.

"Yes! I'm glad you know!" Y/n said. "Why rush things like that?!"

"So that I can get my money much quicker... And! I'll have you for a lifetime!" He winked.

"You told me that I can see anyone once we get married, basically I'm not "yours" for a lifetime." Y/n shook her head.

"That doesn't change the fact that you're now my soon-to-be wife, hermosa." He smiled.

"Ehh... I'll run away with my Romeo." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Can't I be your Romeo?" He leaned in closer to her.

"No." Y/n flatly said. Camilo then changed his form to look like a "Romeo".

"Well how about now?" He said with a pose.

"Still no." Y/n face-palmed. "It doesn't change the fact that you're still Camilo and you will always be Camilo whether you change appearances or not and plus, don't you even get tired being somebody you aren't?"

It suddenly fell silent. Not a comfortable one. Y/n suddenly panicked for the first time around the boy, thinking her question was too personal.

"I... I-I'm s-sorry let's just—

—its fine, you didn't know anyway." Camilo smiled but y/n could see it wasn't the usual smile he always wears. "Its like, part of my gift now so... I can't just—not use it, you know?"

"Basically, if I don't change to someone I'm not then, what's my purpose being a Madrigal?" He sighed.

Y/n had never saw him like this, she barely knows him at all and all she knows he was one jolly and humorous person. But seeing him now, having a serious side is not some joke.

Y/n looked at him with worry and pity. The thought of having a gift or a superpower sounds cool but once you have it... It will be hard for you. Everyone wishes to have one but the one right before her eyes is not what she expected what a person would say when they have a gift.

"BUT WORRY NOT! CAUSE I AM CAMILO MADRIGAL!" Camilo suddenly bursted out standing from his seat.

"Camilo, sit your ass down, people are looking at you." Y/n said as she covered her face at her friend's embarrasing actions.

"Thanks, y/n." Camilo said with a smirk.

"I... Don't know if you're saying that as a joke or are you serious. Why the heck did you say that with a smirk—

—no seriously thank you. I had to get that off of my chest." He said rubbing his chest a bit.

"Even if you barely even said something." He added with a teasing grin.

"HEY! I JUST NEVER KNEW YOU WOULD HAVE A SERIOUS SIDE!" Y/n huffed as he laughed.

"Well, thank you for listening anyway. It was... a nice feeling." He smiled.

"Hey, sir Camilo, can you change into my father? I miss him so much." A child said pullung his hand.

"You have a picture?" He said kneeling down to the kid's height.

"Yeah..." The kid said with a sad smile as she showed a picture of her father.

"Well, as you can see I'll keep this child in company. See you later, y/n." Camilo said with a smirk and transformed into someone else and walked away with the kid.

Y/n smiled as she looked away about to help her father with the store but she bumped with a girl instead.

"Ow... I'm sorry..." She said as she looked up. "...Dolores?"

"What you told him definitely helped him." Dolores said as she smiled at her.

"You heard us?" Y/n asked.

"That's my gift, hearing. I hear absolutely anything from the sound of your heartbeat to your breathing. No doubt I heard your conversation." Dolores laughed.

"You know, even if it's an arranged marriage, I personally think he likes you, maybe not romantically but atleast as a friend. He wouldn't agree to marry someone he doesn't like or find interesting at all." She said as she left leaving y/n dumbfounded.

"...what..?"