"Why aren't you mentioning your mother?" Jungkook spoke up when he realized that Jimin continuously mentioned his dad and his aunt, but not his mother. Jungkook for one, knew what it was like to not have a mother, so not hearing Jimin mention his mother was a bit of a sign to him.

Jimin paused when he heard Jungkook's question. Turning his head to look up into Jungkook's eyes while they laid chest to chest, Jimin realized that he didn't actually tell Jungkook what happened to his mother. He took a deep breath to calm himself before he could let his emotions get the best of him.

"She... My mother passed away when I was eleven," Jimin said softly. Ten years ago, he lost his mother, while sixteen years ago, Jungkook lost his. The tragedy settled, and Jungkook instantly felt bad for asking.

"Baby... I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"It's okay, Kookie. It's nothing I can't handle. I can talk to you about it if you'd want to hear, just like you spoke about your mom," Jimin offered. Speaking about his mother would definitely be a sore topic for Jimin, especially since it's been a decade since she passed away and he was exceptionally close to her. But, Jungkook opened up to him, and he knew he should do the same. It just felt like the right thing to do.

"You don't have to if you're not comfortable, little one. I don't mind waiting until you're ready," Jungkook said softly, his voice bringing comfort to the younger man. Jimin moved on his own. He laid on Jungkook's chest now, the older man moving to lay on his back to accommodate Jimin. The blonde laid on Jungkook, holding him close as he rested his head on the older man's chest. Breathing in deeply, Jimin prepared himself to speak.

"Would it make me feel better to tell you that I don't know how she died?" Jimin said. For years, it's been eating him inside. For ten years, he didn't know what happened to his mother. He had no idea how she died, and it's been playing on his mind for years. However toxic it made him feel, he wondered now if sharing it with Jungkook would make him feel better, and maybe allow him to share his sorrows with someone else for a change.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook voiced out. His hands wrapped around Jimin's waist and rested on Jimin's lower back, drawing patterns over his shirt.

"I mean... My father kept it from me for the past ten years. He knows what happened to her, but he won't tell me," Jimin began to sniff lightly as he thought about it. He needed the clarity, to know what happened to her. He loved and missed her, and wanted to know what happened to her.

"Maybe... Maybe he wants to protect you from whatever happened, baby boy," Jungkook whispered, trying to rub soothing circles on Jimin's lower back. He somehow understood how Jimin felt. Part of Jungkook wished that he didn't see how his mother died, so maybe, it was better for Jimin that he didn't know.

"But don't I deserve to know? It's fine if I can't see what happened to her, but let me know what happened... He didn't even tell me how she died. He just...kept me hidden away from the scene that day," Jimin began to open up.

To him, this was difficult. He hasn't spoken about this in a while. He never told his dad how his decision to hide the truth from Jimin really affected the younger.

"Baby boy... I know you may want to know the truth. I know that you want clarity and that it bothers you not knowing what exactly happened to her. But, your father... He just wants what I want, and that is to keep you safe. Can you trust him a little on this?" Jungkook asked, his chin resting against the top of Jimin's head as the younger laid on his chest.

Jungkook really did hate Jimin's dad. Not because of personal reasons, but because of the fact that Mr. Park was the face of the law and Jungkook was the face of evil. However - and this is a strong however -, Jungkook and Mr. Park now had the exact same goal in life and that was to protect Jimin.

Jimin continued to sniff as he kept his crying to the minimum, trying not to cry too much. He understood what Jungkook was saying. He just wanted to know what happened to her.

Jimin's arms tightened their hold on Jungkook's waist, laying on his body as he tried to understand.

"I-I understand, Kookie," Jimin sniffed. Even if he wanted to really know what happened to her, he knew it wouldn't make a difference. She passed away ten years ago, and even if it would hurt him to find out what happened, it couldn't possibly change anything.

Jungkook wasn't always an empathetic person, but for Jimin, he was trying. He wanted Jimin to have the most emotional support that he could get while being here. 

Jungkook moved one of his hands and cupped Jimin's cheek, tilting his head to make him look up at him. Jungkook noticed the tears shining in Jimin's eyes and the sight was awful.

Jungkook's thumb caressed the cheekbone, his eyes boring into Jimin's.

"Little one... I know how you feel. Maybe one day, when you're ready for the truth, he'll tell you. You are a little emotionally vulnerable and I wouldn't want you to find out something that you aren't mentally prepared for as yet. I do understand how you feel, but give it some time, okay?" Jungkook voiced out gently. He really hoped that he was saying the right thing because he wasn't used to having such emotional conversations in his bedroom, with someone he loves.

Jimin, however, was feeling his heart pounding strongly against his chest as he looked into Jungkook's deep, brown eyes. For some reason, he felt a deeper connection with Jungkook as they laid on the bed in the bright bedroom, talking about anything and everything.

"I miss her..." Jimin whispered, his glossy eyes conveying his emotions clearly.

Jungkook just offered him a small smile, before he held Jimin's head to his chest and let him lay sound.

"I know, baby boy... I know you do... You can always talk to me and tell me what you remember about her," Jungkook whispered as he offered a sense of comfort for the younger.

That was enough for Jimin to grow even more fond of Jungkook, because he hasn't had someone be so comforting in a long time.

And that was when Jimin knew, even if it was against all odds, that he was falling in love with Jungkook; the Beast whom everyone assumed had no heart.