XXIX. PARASOMNIA

XXIX. PARASOMNIA

"This is the one I was telling you about. I got it from a rare book dealer in Germany. Cost me two hundred bucks—but it was totally worth it." Mason stated, walking alongside Madison and Liam as they started walking to their first class.

Madison had already been awake for two hours, and it wasn't even 8am yet. She had spent extra time getting ready, putting a generous amount of time into doing her makeup and hair for once. She was forced to walk to school after Isaac and Stiles abandoned the sophomores at her apartment building, since they were stopping at the sheriff's station before school.

She watched Liam gulp anxiously as he thought about his reply.

"You're still reading about this stuff?"

"I was attacked by an armor-plated giant wearing a bear skull...it left an impression."

Madison looked at Mason her expression filled with pity. She wanted to tell him he wasn't crazy like Liam was treating him, and explain what was going on. But she couldn't.

"Look. Look, have you ever seen anything like this?" He asked, running his fingers over the pages as he pointed to an image of a Berserker.

Madison noticed Liam's eyes widen, before he plastered on a neutral expression and played dumb.

"Uh...no. Never." He replied, moving past Madison and Mason as he tried to get away from them and go to class.

Mason didn't take the hint, and followed after the beta.

"And then, there's this whole section about the Nagual. Have you ever heard of the name Tez...Tezcat.."

"Tezcatlipoca." Liam finished. His best friend looked at him weirdly, and Madison was glaring at him.

"No. No, never heard of him." He defended again.

Madison rolled her eyes, pushing past the two boys as she walked into class. She pondered at the door for a omens deciding where to sit. Sitting in the front was a definite no, as she continued to scan the room. Madison saw a girl sitting towards the back, with wavy dark brown hair. Madison and the girl made eye contact, and she smiled sweetly.

Madison grinned back, taking the seat to her right.

"Hi, my name is Madison," the witch greeted, waving at the girl in front of her. She placed her books down as the girl extended her hand for a handshake.

"I'm Hayden."

"Hayden, I love that name!" She exclaimed, coming off to excited as she dialed her enthusiasm down—she didn't want to scare her off.

"First year here?" She questioned, clearing her throat as Hayden nodded.

"Yeah."

"Don't worry. You'll make friends. You already have one here," Madison beamed, watching Hayden chuckle as she mumbled out a thank you. She watched the girl blush lightly, but Madison soon changed her focus as her boyfriend walked into the room with Mason.