XVI. TIMELESS

XVI. TIMELESS

Madison left to another room with Kira. Isaac and Liam weren't far behind them, but Madison decided to stay alongside the kitsune as she practically felt the waves of anxiety rolling over her.

The four teenagers walked the halls in silence, stopping when they found an empty room. They helped themselves inside, beginning to lay out the materials they gathered earlier that day.

Isaac and Liam were having their own conversation, and Kira thought it would be a good idea to air out the tension that had been plaguing the morgue.

"Madi, are you still mad at Stiles and your dad?"

"Stiles? No, I'm just being petty, I guess. My dad? Oh, I'm furious." Madison replied, her eyes continuing to train on hooking up the laptop in front of her.

"Why?"

"He knows more than he's leading on. I know he does. It doesn't make sense to keep secrets anymore, not after everything."

"I get it. I was so mad at my mom for not telling me she was a kitsune earlier, but I knew it was to protect me. If you had a conversation with your dad, maybe he could help you see that." Kira advised. Madison turned her head at this and thought it over.

Speaking to her father wouldn't be terrible, and it wasn't like she wasn't desperate for answers.

"Yeah, maybe. I needed someone to smack a little sense into me. Thanks, Kira." Madison said, cracking a smile.

Madison had stepped back when Stiles entered the room. She knew she owed the junior an apology, but that could wait until they uncovered the Benefactor's identity. She and Isaac were momentarily standing behind Stiles, both peering over his shoulder to get a better view of the security cameras. Stiles had his phone pressed to his ear, and Madison was fuming at the sound of her father's voice.

She tried her best to push her emotions down and not let them get the best of her. Her hands were stuffed into her pockets as she felt them grow hot. Her fingertips flickered an orange-red, threatening to expel the energy being created. The witch quickly removed her hands from her pockets but still managed to keep them out of view from the others. She bit her lip hard as Madison tried to focus on anything but her powers.

A hand clasped onto her own. Madison looked down at her hand to find it connected with Liam's. He flashed a sweet smile at her, which helped Madison find peace of mind again. The witch was never extraordinary with words, but she hoped the look in her eyes would be enough for him.

Movement from the cameras caught Liam"s attention. The beta took a step forward and pointed at the camera with his free hand.

"Is that supposed to look like that?" He asked. Madison looked to where his finger sat, seeing nothing on the screen. Instead, there was a screen filled with static.