XX. SHARING

XX. SHARING

Madison didn't remember getting to the hospital. She remembered standing there, Melissa's hands caressing her cheeks as she did her best not to breakdown in the waiting room full of people. She remembered the dry tears sticking to her cheeks, creating a path that cleared some of the dirt and grime that had somehow ended up on her face.

She remembered being led into a hospital, being situated there until she could get properly evaluated. The moonlight bled in from the blinds, illuminating the heavy eye bags that rested on Madison's face.

She wanted to go home, she wanted to call her father and explain what was going on. But she couldn't, and she had to wait until until she could get her MRI, then flag down Melissa for her phone to explain the situation from her father.

She found herself chuckling in disbelief, wondering how it was possible that she had almost been killed twice in one day. The clothes that should've been clean were sticky with sweat and dirt, bruises and cuts littering her body like it was a piece of terribly drawn artwork.

The witch refused to lay in the bed, not wanting to get comfortable so she could leave as soon as she was allowed. She rested on a loveseat, her head being propped up by her arm. Her eyes fluttered closed, and she felt herself drifting off, until she heard a soft knock at the door.

Her head perked up, watching as a figure entered the room. She watched as Liam stood in the doorway, his hair damp as he stood awkwardly in his lacrosse jersey. Her stomach filled with butterflies as she suddenly grew aware of how awful she must've looked.

"Liam, what're you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the lacrosse thing?" She asked. Liam didn't reply, but jingled the items he held gently in his arms to catch Madison's attention.

The witch looked to his hands, which held her cell phone and backpack from earlier in the day. Before she could ask why, or how, he had acquired these items, Liam had taken it upon himself to explain.

"Scott was taking me home and we found your stuff, one thing led to another and we found out what happened and that you're here, so I asked him to let me bring this to you." Liam said, cracking a smile when he saw Madison's grateful expression.

The witch had a soft smile, barely there, but genuine. It didn't quite reach her eyes, but her lips were curved upwards in a way that showed the dimples highlighting her face that Liam had never seen before.

The beta walked closer, closing the door behind him as he sat on the opposite loveseat. Liam took in her appearance, noticing the wounds and tattered clothing. The sparkle still held strong in her eyes, her features holding a tired yet relieved expression.

He looked at her outfit, eyes narrowing as they were a few sizes too big and too plain for something Madison would've purposefully worn.

"What're you weari-"