Chapter 12: Control Of Your Mind

Start from the beginning

"It's coming along well, DARLING

"It's coming along well, DARLING." Your tongue teasingly pokes out at him. As Loki chuckles, he smiles. "Though, it's starting to bore me a bit. But don't tell Steve!"

"I won't." He smirks, "But considering it's coming along so well, you won't mind taking it up against a God?" He winks at you with his signature mischievous grin.

"Does the almighty God of jokes want to get his ass kicked by a woman?" You taunt, laughingly. With your fists held aloft, you quickly assume a fighting stance. With a fake scoff and chuckle, Loki laughs.

"Right, you think yourself funny! Don't worry darling, I will be gentle." Loki chuckles as he pushes his shoulder away from the wall and gestures for you to attack him.

"Let's go, God of Muffins!" You run towards him to punch him, but he disappears in green smoke.

"Oh, come on, you coward! That's not fair!" You didn't notice he reappeared behind you as he swiped your legs, and you hit the ground hard.

"OOF!" 

"It won't be much of a challenge if you can't stay on your feet, darling!" Loki smiles and reaches out his hand to help you up.

"Oh, so you wanna play that game? Alright. You asked for it." Grabbing his hand, you pull him to the ground while pulling yourself to your feet. You place your foot against his neck and freeze his hands in place on the side of his body.

"Oh, I like this! You don't play nicely."

"You started it." You grin.

His smile stretches from ear to ear before he cracks the ice and frees his hands. In response, you kick, but he catches your foot and pushes you back, causing you to stumble. Loki jumps back to his feet and grabs you by the throat, pushing you against the wall. Upon impact, he leans in and his lips ghost your ear.

"Gotcha ... darling." His voice nearly growls in your ear. As you feel his breath on your neck, your cheeks redden and chills run down your spine.

"Focus, Nova."

As your mind snaps out of its trance, you send out a wave of flurry that pushes him back and causes him to trip easily. Loki falls flat on his back, caught completely off guard. His quick thinking allows him to sweep your feet right under him, landing you right on top of him.

Pushing yourself up, you raise your right leg over him, nearly kicking him in the face, and straddle him. Leaning over him, you pin his arms to the sides of his head, your hair now falling from the bun. As you realize the position you're in, you both burst into laughter as you let go of his hands.