Chapter 27

Crystal

"I love you, I'm going to work now, bye baby," I say as I plant a kiss on Jess's forehead. He was still in bed sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up. It was quite early. I had already gotten Emily ready for school and I'll drop her off before going to work.

>>>>>>>>>>>

"Goodbye, my baby, I love you, have a wonderful day, your dad will pick you up later," I say as I walk Emily to her school's entry. I kiss her cheek and then watch her walk through the doors before leaving.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Good morning Elena," I say, walking past her desk. "Morning, Crystal," she says, giving me one of her bright smiles. She's such a cheery person.

"Hello Mr Ellsion, are you ready for your check-up?" I ask the old man. He's been my patient for a while now and he's been wonderful. He has diabetes and he only has his granddaughter left. Poor souls, they are. "Wonderfull to see you, Doctor Myers," he says politely. "How's Lacy?" I ask as I take his blood pressure. "She's been good, she recently got a new job," he says. "That's great," I told him, giving him a polite smile.

I like making small talk with my patients, it helps settle their nerves and not make it so awkward. "Your pressure is good, have you been following the diet I put you on?" I ask him. "Yes ma'am," he says, mocking me. I laugh at his antics as I check his heartbeat.

 "You're engaged now," he states. I look at him seeing him stare at the ring on my finger. "I am," I say. "Congratulations, you're a very nice lady," he says. "Thank you, Mr Ellison," I say, giving him a gentle smile. "Okay, you're good," I say as I finish up with him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's my lunchtime and Jayla and I are going to check out this new cafe. It's about 15 minutes from where we are.

We reach there and the front is green and a creme colour. Walking into the cafe it has an earthy vibe. We find a table and sit as well as look at the decor. It has a very natural, earthy aesthetic.

Jayla and I begin to catch up as we've both been quite busy this past week. "I got a boyfriend," Jayla suddenly blurts out. I look at her before a grin graces my face. "That's great, honey, are you happy with him?" I ask her. Jayla is amazing and she deserves the world. This man better be good to her. "Guess who's engaged," I say as I bite my lip.

Her eyes widen and she stares at me. I hold up my hand to her face and she squeals excitedly. "Oh my gosh, Crystal!" she whisper-shouts. "I'm so happy for you bestie," she says, giving me a big smile.

"It's good that you found love, you've struggled way too much not to end up happy," she says. She then gets up and hugs me. "If you don't let go I might die," I tell her, pulling away from her tight hug. She lightly hits my shoulder and returns to her seat.

We talked some more before the waitress came to take our order. I ordered matcha tea and Jayla ordered a Chai latte.

A little while later the door to the cafe opens and I turn to look at who entered. Why? Because of human curiosity...

The light shone in my eyes so it took a while for me to see the person but I could make out that the person was a male. There was also someone else behind them. They walked further into the room and that is when I could fully see the person's face. Confusion clouded my mind as I saw that the man was looking at me. I turned around and then continued my conversation with Jayla.

A few minutes later I checked my watch and realized I had to leave to go back to work. Jayla and I hug before I leave. As I Was leaving I realized the man and woman from earlier were sitting at the table behind me.

Passing by them I noticed him looking at me intently. He had reddish auburn hair and hazel eyes which pierced through me. He was attractive, not gonna lie but I only have eyes for Jess and I got a bad feeling about Hazel eyes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

~ A week later ~

My shift was about to end and Jess is picking me up today since my Audi is being serviced. I got a text from Jess saying he was outside and I told him that I'm on my way.

I grabbed my bag from the locker and shut it then headed out of the building. As I opened the door someone grabbed me and pinned me to the wall. "What the-," I say, my words trailing off as I realized it was the cafe dude, Hazel eyes, from a week ago.

"Let me go," I told him sternly. "No my beautiful lady, give me a chance," he said staring intently at me. "No, I'm engaged and leave me alone you creep!" I almost shout. He makes a "tsk" sound and grips my wrist tightly. I try pulling away from him but it doesn't work so I kick him where the sun definitely doesn't shine.

I quickly run away when he kneels on the ground holding his crotch area. "You bitch!" I heard him shout as I was leaving. I look around the parking lot for Jess's car and I let out a deep breath when I finally found it.

I opened the door and sat in the passenger seat. I sigh and rub my eyelids, a frown took over my face. "Are you okay, luv," Jess asks, his face showing worry. "I think so," I respond after a short pause of silence.

"Did something happen, darling?" he asks holding my hands. I let out a sigh and decided to tell him what happened. "So, when I was coming out and dude pinned me against the wall, the funny thing is I saw him a week ago in a cafe and he was staring at me creepily," I tell him.

Anger flashed in his eyes as he soaked in what I just told him. "Did he say anything to you?" he asked. "He told me to give him a chance, he was basically trying to get me," I said. I rubbed my wrist, it still burned a little from Hazel eye's tight grip.

"Did the bastard hurt you?" he said rubbing patterns on my hand. I think he's trying to calm himself down and not rip off Hazel eye's head, I mean I wouldn't mind that. "He just grabbed my wrist tightly, and didn't want to let go, I had to kick him in the balls," I told him. "Do you think he's stalking you, my love?" He asks. "Probably, because how would he know where I work and that I would be there," I say.

"Can we go home I'm tired," I say leaning back in my seat. "Yes, baby, but we will be talking about this later," he tells me. 

a/n -  Hey besties! I was supposed to post this update a while ago but I got lazy in the middle of writing this chapter, so sorry for that. Thank you for reading hope you enjoyed it. Also, what do you think will happen next?