Chapter 23

3rd Pov

Jess woke Crystal up by peppering light kisses all over her body. Soon enough she began to wake, feeling the tingling sensations of his kisses. She smiled while stretching her arms enjoying their little moment.

"It's time to wake up, my love," he says looking at her adoringly. His eyes shone with happiness. He felt complete as he was living with 2 of the most important people in his life. Of course, he loves his daughter but is he in love with his daughter's mother, his girlfriend?

Yes, he's completely head over heels for the amazing woman who is lying beside him. All that is left is to utter those 3 words to her. He had been thinking about their relationship the past week and decides to make the 1st move in shifting their relationship to the next stage.

When she lays there, with her eyes closed, Jess begins to tickle her. She rolls over laughing as he continues to tickle her. "Okay, okay, stop," she says between laughs.

Crystal tries getting out of his hold but his grip is too strong. "Okay, I'm up," she says out of breath. He finally lets her go and she sits on the bed. "I'm going to kill you," Crystal tells him, playfully glaring at him.

>>>>>>>>>>

"Which one do you like, baby girl?" Crystal asks Emily. "Ah, mommy, I like tha one with tha pwink pants and unicowrn shirt," she says pointing at it. "Okay baby, let's get you dressed then," Crystal says.

Crystal pulls Emily's hair into 2 large buns after getting her dressed. "You look gorgeous, my baby," Crystal says, kissing her forehead. "Thawnk you mommy," Emily says. Crystal then lifts Emily into her arms and carries her to the living room where Jess is.

Jess is wearing black jeans and a white Gucci shirt with his white shoes. Crystal leaves Emily with her dad and then heads to the room to get dressed.

She opens the closet and the 1st thing that catches her eyes is a pair of black leather pants. She grabs it and places it on the bed then goes back to the closet. She looks for her black bodysuit that has lace detailing on it, to pair with the black leather pants. She decides to pair them with her black leather boots.

She then sits by the mirror and does a neutral, natural makeup look with brown eyeshadows and a nude lip with a black liner. To complete her look she adds 2 necklaces and more rings to her fingers. She gives herself a once over in the mirror and nods her head, liking how she looks.

She then grabs her black Gucci purse to match her outfit and leaves the room. She goes to the living room where her family is waiting on her. "Love, you look absolutely beautiful," Jess says, staring at her. "Thank you, you look handsome yourself," she replies.

>>>>>>>>>>

Jess parks the car outside his mom's mansion where the barbeque is being held. "You ready?" Jess asks Crystal. "Sure let's go," she replies. She has met Jess's friends and his mom before but she was still a little nervous. She gets quiet around relatively large groups of people she doesn't know too well.

Jess hops out of the car and goes to Crystal's side to open the door for her. He offers her his hand and she takes it. She gets out of the car and Jess opens Emily's door and takes her out.

They walk up to the door and Jess rings the doorbell. They wait about 30 seconds before Jess's mom opens the door. "Hello son, Crystal and my beautiful grandbaby," Jess's mother says greeting them with a smile on her face.

"Hi mom," Jess says, kissing her cheek. "Hi Miss Gyanor," Crystal says, giving her a smile. "Dear call me mom or Shayan," She says, giving her a warm smile. Crystal nods in response, not really knowing what to say. She hasn't seen her own family in years.

"Hi grawndma," Emily says, giving Shayan a big smile. "Let's go inside, shall we?" Shayan says smiling.

"Everyone's in the backyard," Shayan says. "You guys go, I'll go in the kitchen to get some stuff," she added. Jess takes Crystal's hand and guided her to the backyard.

"Hey everyone," Jess says, announcing his presence. They all turn their attention to him. They all replay with choruses of heys and hi's.

"Hi," Crystal says waving at them. She's only met some of the people here. Which was when they ran into each other at the bar. Jess guides Crystal and Emily over to 2 of his friends.

"They are Kira and Mace," Jess says, gesturing to the 2 adults. "And these 3 cuties are Jake, Ira, and Zeke," jess says, referring to the 3 children that sat near them on a blanket.

"They are Crystal and my daughter Emily," Jess tells Mace and Kira, pointing at Crystal and Emily. "Hey guys," Crystal says. "I Aunty Kira and Uncle Mace," Emily says smiling at them. "Mommy, can I play with Jake and Ira, please?" Emily asks.

"Of course, baby," Crystal says and Emily sits on the blanket with them. "Your kids are so beautiful," Crystal tells them. "Thank you," both Kira and Mace respond. "Can I hold Zeke, I just love babies," Crystal asks. "Sure, let me give you some hand-sanitiser first," Kira says, digging in her purse. Kira gives Crystal some hand sanitiser then hands over Zeke to her.

After Jess, Crystal, Kira and mace talked, Jess introduced his girls to the rest of the people. They ate, talked, played board games and watched a movie.

Crystal had gotten along with everyone and had a great time together.